Utah Rental Lease Agreement with ezSign
Create and Download the Utah Residential Lease & Rental Agreement printable PDF for Landlords. This state-specific Lease is customizable and includes UT laws.
Document Last Modified: 3/28/2023
Uses Lease Builder
Pro Tip: Before signing a Lease Agreement, always screen Tenants.
Tenant Screening should include a Rental Application, credit report, criminal history background report, and eviction history report.
Screen Now, Avoid Headaches Later!
A Lease Agreement Trusted by Experienced Landlords
We’re proud to have worked with thousands of Landlords since 2006 and to have so many long-term customers!
- Over 3 million Leases created since 2006
- Rated “excellent” 4.8 from 5,000+ reviews
- Recommended by Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran
Rated “excellent” 4.8 from 5,000+ reviews on Trustpilot
Watch Our Videos
▶ This is Why a Lease is so Important
▶ How to ezSign your Lease Agreement
Video to Share with Tenants
Join Our Community of Landlords by Creating a Free Account or Becoming a Pro Member
Table of Contents
- Utah Residential Lease Agreement
- Landlord-Tenant Laws
- Required Disclosures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Utah Rental Forms and Templates
- Other State Lease Agreements
- Create Utah Lease
Utah Residential Lease Agreement
Utah Landlords need a Lease Agreement that complies with all Utah Lease terms. This is what it means for a Lease to be state-specific.
Our Lease Agreements are guaranteed to comply with all Utah Lease laws. And they’re EZ to create in MINUTES.
- Follow user-friendly prompts to customize your Lease entirely online.
- As you build your Lease, get State Assist tips highlighting important laws.
- All state-required terms, clauses, and disclosures are AUTOMATICALLY included in your Lease.
- Add any additional documents, addendums, or disclosures you want to include in your Lease Package with just the click of a box.
- Review and sign your Lease online using our electronic signing tool, ezSign.
Pro Tip: Adding disclosures and additional documents to your Lease Agreement is a great way to ensure that your Tenants have all the information they need and that you’re set up for success as a Landlord!
Our Utah Lease Agreement is guaranteed to comply with all Utah Lease laws. Even so, we know Landlords need to be familiar with state laws when managing their rental units!
|Ending and Renewing||Periodic Lease: A notice of at least 15 days prior to the beginning of the next rental period is needed to end or renew the lease. Fixed-Term Lease: There are no stated laws or regulations. Lease termination typically happens at the end of the Lease term unless otherwise stated in the Lease.|
|Security Deposit||There is no limit placed on the security deposit charged to the Tenant so long as it is reasonable.|
|Returned Payment Fee||No more than a $20 service charge may be charged for a returned payment.|
|Insurance Requirements||Landlords may require Tenants to obtain rental insurance.|
|Notice to Enter||Landlords must provide at least 24 hours notice before entering a rental unit.|
|Landlord Requirements||Non-refundable deposit - Written Notice Required: If there is a written agreement and if any part of the deposit is to be made non-refundable, it must be so stated in writing to the renter at the time the deposit is taken by the owner or designated agent.|
Contact your local housing or zoning office to be sure your rental property complies with city and county requirements for inspections, rent control, occupancy limits, property codes, and zoning. Many cities and counties require inspections and registrations and have specific maintenance regulations.
Don’t worry, all Utah-required disclosures are AUTOMATICALLY included in our Lease Agreement!
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure: Pursuant to federal law, if the rental property was built before 1978, occupants must be provided with a lead-based paint disclosure.
- Move-In Checklist: Prior to the signing of the Lease Agreement, the Landlord must provide the Tenant with a checklist of the current condition of the rental unit. The Tenant then is allowed a reasonable time period to conduct their own inspection and report back to the Landlord. The Tenant may request a walk-through with the Landlord to discuss the condition of the property.
Have other disclosures or an addendum you’d like to add? We have over 25 that you can include in your Lease Package with just the click of a box!
For example, a Pet Addendum, a Winter Weather Addendum, or a Pool/Hot Tub Addendum.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a Lease Agreement need to be notarized in Utah?
No, Lease Agreements do not need to be notarized in Utah. As long as it meets the legal requirements of a Lease Agreement and is signed by both parties, it’s considered legally binding and fully enforceable.
What is the standard Lease term in Utah?
The standard Lease term in Utah is one year (12 months). However, the term can be shorter or longer if it’s clearly stated in the Lease Agreement. We offer short-term Lease Agreements, Month-to-Month Lease Agreements, and Vacation Rental Contracts to meet every Landlord’s needs.
Who needs a Lease Agreement?
Anyone who rents real estate needs a Lease Agreement. This is true whether it’s for one week or one year. This is true whether you’re renting an apartment, condo, duplex, or single-family home.
The Lease Agreement is what protects Landlords if problems arise, so it’s essential to have a Lease in place before handing over possession of your rental unit. While a simple, generic Lease Agreement is better than nothing, these basic, fillable Lease forms won’t provide Landlords with complete protection.
Instead, the Landlord, or lessor, should use a customizable Lease Agreement that covers all terms of the rental relationship.
Can I write my own Lease Agreement in Utah?
Yes, you can draft your own Lease Agreement. However, unless you’re familiar with Utah Lease Laws and have experience drafting Leases, it’s not a good idea to do so. Your Lease needs to comply with all Utah Landlord-Tenant laws and Lease requirements. Plus, it needs to cover all terms of your rental relationship. This is not easy to do!
Blank Lease forms, like the one offered by the Utah Association of Realtors, are one way for Landlords to access a state-specific Lease. But these can’t be customized to meet each Landlord’s needs.
You have a lot invested in your rental property and you need to make sure you protect that investment. Having a customizable, state-specific Lease is one of the best ways to do this.
How should I store my Utah Lease Agreement?
It’s important to securely store your signed Lease Agreements and to ensure that they’re easily accessible. We offer a few EZ ways to do this. Once your Lease is signed, it’s automatically stored securely on the cloud with our ezCloudStorage.
In addition, it’s EZ to print or download as a PDF.
Whether you prefer a hard copy or cloud storage, there are plenty of ways to make sure your Lease is safe and accessible.
Other Popular Forms
The Lease Agreement is just one of many forms that Utah Landlords need. Thankfully, we have a complete library of forms, including some important Utah Lease forms.
- Rental Application: Our Free Rental Application makes it EZ to start the screening process. Learn more about Tenant Screening or see sample screening reports here.
- Welcome Letter: This customizable letter welcomes Tenants to their new home and provides them with important information about taking care of it.
- Rent Ledger: This ledger makes it EZ for Landlords to keep track of all rent payments and provides documentation of any missed payments.
Utah State Specific Forms
- Utah 3-Day Notice to Pay or Vacate: This Notice gives Tenants 3 days to either pay unpaid rent or vacate the property. It’s a necessary step in the eviction process.
- Utah 3-Day Notice to Comply or Vacate: This Notice should be used for Lease violations other than nonpayment of rent. It gives renters 3 days to either fix a Lease violation or move out. It’s a necessary first step in the eviction process.
- Utah 3-Day Notice to Vacate for Nuisance: Pursuant to Utah law, a Landlord may issue this Notice if a Tenant is interfering with someone else’s comfortable enjoyment of their home.
Don’t see the form you need? Don’t worry, we’ve got over 400 more!
Pro Tip: Having access to all the forms and notices you need for property management makes Landlording EZ and it ensures you provide Tenants with all necessary notices and forms!
Other State Lease Agreements
If you have rental units in multiple states, you need a state-specific Lease Agreement for each one. Don’t worry, we’ve got them all!
- Arizona Residential Lease Agreement: Create the complete Arizona Lease Package online in minutes!
- Colorado Rental Contract: Our Colorado Lease complies with all Colorado state laws and all Denver and Aurora Lease laws!
- Idaho Lease Contract: Enjoy unlimited access to electronic signing with our Idaho Rental Contract.
- Nevada Lease Agreement: The EZ way to comply with all of Nevada’s unique Lease laws.
- New Mexico Residential Lease Agreement: Protect your New Mexico rental unit with a thorough Lease Agreement.
- Wyoming Rental Contract: Customize your Wyoming Lease Agreement entirely online.
Need another state’s Lease Agreement? We’ve got it!
Create Utah Lease
Make sure your rental unit has the complete protection it needs by creating a great Lease Agreement.
- Guaranteed to comply with all Utah Lease laws
- EZ to create and customize online in minutes
- EZ to review, sign, and store entirely online
Back To Top ▲
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers