Arkansas Lease Agreement with ezSign
Pro Form: Create a Pro Account to access this form
Create & download the Arkansas Residential Lease & Rental Agreement printable PDF for Landlords. This state-specific Lease is customizable & includes Arkansas law.
Document Last Modified: 9/7/2023
Uses Lease Builder
Pro Tip: Never hand over possession of your property before properly screening Tenants. Tenant Screening is THE BEST way to avoid Landlord nightmares
Screen Now, Avoid Headaches Later.
We Offer the Best Online Lease Available
- Over 3 million Leases created since 2006
- Rated “excellent” 4.8 from 5,000+ reviews
- Recommended by Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran
Rated “excellent” 4.8 from 5,000+ reviews on Trustpilot
Watch Our Videos
Video to Share with Tenants
Join our Community of Pro Landlords.
Table of Contents
- Arkansas Residential Lease Agreement
- Landlord-Tenant Laws
- Required Disclosures
- Arkansas Rental Forms & Templates
- Other State Lease Agreements
- Create Arkansas Lease
Arkansas Residential Lease Agreement
Arkansas Landlords need a Lease Agreement that complies with all state laws. Our Lease is guaranteed to comply with all AR laws plus it’s EZ to customize and create entirely online in MINUTES! Here’s how our EZ process works:
- Follow user-friendly prompts to customize your Lease entirely online.
- As you build your Lease, get State Assist Tips to point out important state laws.
- All Arkansas-required terms, disclosures, and language are AUTOMATICALLY included.
- Choose from over 25 additional documents, disclosures, and addendums that you can add to customize your Lease Package.
- Review and sign your Lease Agreement entirely online using our electronic signing tool, ezSign.
Our Arkansas Lease is guaranteed to comply with all state Lease laws. That means one less thing for Landlords to worry about!
But, we know Landlords want to be familiar with state Lease laws when managing their property.
|Ending and Renewing
Week-to-Week: Must provide written notice 10 days prior to the termination date specified in the notice.
Month-to-Month: Must provide written notice of 30 days prior to the periodic rental date specified in the notice.
Year-to-Year: This type of Tenancy terminates at the end of each year unless otherwise specified in the Lease.
Fixed Term: The Tenancy terminates at the end of the term unless otherwise specified in the Lease. Tenants must surrender possession at the end of the tenancy.
|Maximum: Two (2) Months Rent
|Returned Payment Fee
|Maximum: $25 plus fees charged to the holder of the check, as a result of the check not being honored.
|Maximum: No limits but must be reasonable.
|Landlords may require Renters Insurance.
|Notice to Enter
|No statute: But it’s recommended that Landlords give 24 hours’ notice and only enter during reasonable hours.
|According to the Residential Landlord-Tenant Act (RLTA), a Tenant may be served notice by either personal service or registered/certified mail.
Contact your local housing or zoning office to be sure your rental property complies with city and county requirements for inspections, rent control, occupancy limits, property codes, and zoning. Many cities and counties require inspections and registrations and have specific maintenance regulations.
- Lead-based Paint Disclosure: Pursuant to federal law, if the property was built before 1978, Landlords must provide occupants with a lead-based paint disclosure.
Arkansas does not require any additional disclosures, but Landlords can select from over 25 additional documents, disclosures, or addendums that they want to include in their Lease Package. For example, a Pet Addendum, Tornado Addendum, or Flood Disclosure.
Pro Tip: Add additional documents and disclosures to customize your Lease Package and ensure that Tenants have all the info they need about their new home from day 1!
Does an Arkansas Lease Agreement need to be notarized?
No, Arkansas Leases do not need to be notarized. As long as they’re signed by both the Landlord, or lessor, and Tenant, or lessee, they’re considered legally binding and fully enforceable.
Do I need a state-specific Lease Agreement in Arkansas?
Yes, if you Lease real estate in Arkansas, you need a Lease Agreement that complies with all Arkansas laws. This is what it means for a Lease to be state specific.
Simple, fillable Lease Agreements do not cover all state laws. This means that these generic Lease forms can leave Landlords without the protection they need. While blank Lease templates, like the one offered by the Arkansas Association of Realtors, can offer a basic state-specific Lease, they can still leave Landlords exposed.
To make sure they’re fully protected, Landlords need a state-specific Lease Agreement that is customized to their property.
Who needs a Lease Agreement?
Anyone who rents real estate needs a Lease Agreement. This is true whether it’s a single-family home, condo, apartment, or duplex. Once you hand over the keys, Tenants have possession of your rental unit. Never hand over the keys until you have a fully executed Lease Agreement in place.
What’s the standard Lease term in Arkansas?
The standard Lease term in Arkansas is one year (12 months). Shorter or longer terms are accepted as long as the term is clearly stated in the Lease Agreement.
How should I store my Arkansas Lease Agreement?
It’s important that your Lease is stored securely and easily accessible. There are a few ways we make this EZ to do. Our state Lease Agreements are automatically stored securely on the web. In addition, our Leases are EZ to print or download as a PDF.
Arkansas Rental Forms & Templates
The Lease is just one of many forms that Landlords need. That’s why we have a library with over 400 property management forms.
- Rental Application: Our FREE Rental Application lets Landlords gather vital information from Tenants and get the necessary authorizations to run screening reports, including a credit report, criminal history background report, and eviction history report. View sample reports or complete Tenant Screening here.
- Tenant Welcome Letter: Make sure your Tenants have all the info they need about their new home by providing them with a customized Tenant Welcome Letter.
- Move-In/Move-Out Walkthrough Checklist: This checklist lets Landlords document the condition of a rental unit at move-in and move-out. This is essential for Landlords that collect a security deposit.
- Rent Ledger: Our free rent ledger makes it EZ for Landlords to stay organized and adequately document all rent payments.
- Arkansas Notice of Default for Nonpayment of Rent: This Notice should be used when Tenants have unpaid rent. It’s a necessary first step in the eviction process.
- Arkansas 14-Day Notice of Default: This Notice should be used when Tenants have a Lease violation other than nonpayment of rent. It’s a necessary first step in the eviction process.
Need another form?
Other State Lease Agreements
If you Lease real estate in multiple states, you need a state-specific Lease Agreement for each one.
Don’t worry, we’ve got them all!
- Louisiana Residential Lease Agreement: Louisiana has unique Lease laws. Our Lease Agreement complies with them all.
- Mississippi Rental Contract: Create and customize a complete Mississippi Lease Agreement online in minutes.
- Missouri Lease Agreement: Our Missouri Lease complies with all state laws and all Lease laws of St. Louis and Kansas City, MO.
- Oklahoma Rental Contract: The OK Lease is guaranteed to comply with all state laws and all Lease requirements of Oklahoma City.
- Tennessee Residential Rental Contract: Our TN Lease, like all of our Leases, includes unlimited access to electronic signing with our ezSign tool.
- Texas Residential Lease Agreement: The EZ way to create a complete Texas Lease Package online in minutes.
Create Arkansas Lease
You won’t find a better online Lease Agreement. Our AR Lease is…
- EZ to create and customize entirely online in minutes.
- Guaranteed to comply with all Arkansas Lease laws.
- EZ to sign online with our electronic signing tool, ezSign.