Oklahoma Lease Agreement with ezSign
Create and Download the Oklahoma Residential Lease & Rental Agreement printable PDF for Landlords. This state-specific Lease is customizable and includes OK laws.
Document Last Modified: 3/28/2023
Uses Lease Builder
Pro Tip: In addition to complying with all Oklahoma Lease laws, our OK Lease complies with all Oklahoma City Lease Requirements.
The EZ Way to Create a Great Lease
You won’t find a better Lease Agreement online. Or one that’s EZier to create, read, or sign. No wonder thousands of Landlords have trusted our Leases for over 15 years!
- Over 3 million Leases created since 2006
- Rated “excellent” 4.8 from 5,000+ reviews
- Recommended by Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran
Rated “excellent” 4.8 from 5,000+ reviews on Trustpilot
Watch Our Videos
▶ This is Why a Lease is so Important
▶ How to ezSign your Lease Agreement
Video to Share with Tenants
The best part? It only takes about 15 minutes to create your complete Lease Package!
Not quite ready to build an Oklahoma Lease? You can always start by creating a Free Lease or a Free Account!
Table of Contents
- Oklahoma Residential Lease Agreement
- Landlord-Tenant Laws
- Required Disclosures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Oklahoma Rental Forms and Templates
- Other State Lease Agreements
- Create Oklahoma Lease Agreement
Oklahoma Residential Lease Agreement
If you Lease property in Oklahoma, you need a Lease Agreement that complies with all Oklahoma Lease laws.
Ours is guaranteed to comply with all state laws and EZ to create online in minutes.
Here’s how the process works:
- Follow user-friendly prompts to customize your Lease Agreement.
- As you do, you’ll get State Assist Tips to point out important state laws.
- All Oklahoma-required terms, clauses, and disclosures are AUTOMATICALLY added to your Lease Package.
- With the click of a box, add any additional documents, disclosures, or addendums that you want to customize your Lease Package.
- You and your Tenants can review and sign the Lease online using our electronic signing tool, ezSign.
Pro Tip: Make sure your Tenants have all the info they need by adding disclosures, addendums, or documents to your Lease Package. You can choose from over 25 documents and add them with just the click of a box.
The Oklahoma Lease Agreement is GUARANTEED to comply with all Oklahoma Lease Laws. That said, we know Pro Landlords need to be familiar with Lease laws when managing their property.
|Ending and Renewing||
Week-to-Week Tenancy: 7 days advance written notice is required for Lease termination.
Month-to-Month Tenancy: 30 days advance written notice is required to terminate the Lease.
Fixed Term: The Lease expires on the stated ending date without notice, unless otherwise agreed upon.
|Security Deposit||There is no limit placed on the amount collected for a security deposit. The deposit must be kept in an escrow account in a federally insured institution within the State of Oklahoma.|
|Returned Payment Fee||There are no stated regulations on the amount that may be charged for a returned or dishonored payment. However, any amount charged should not be so high as to be considered unconscionable.|
|Late Fee||Any late fee must be a reasonable estimate of damages.|
|Insurance Requirements||There are no specifications.|
|Notice to Enter||Landlords must provide at least 24 hours' notice before entering the leased premises.|
|Landlord Requirements||No additional requirements.|
Contact your local housing or zoning office to be sure your rental property complies with city and county requirements for inspections, rent control, occupancy limits, property codes, and zoning. Many cities and counties require inspections and registrations and have specific maintenance regulations.
Note for Oklahoma City and Tulsa Landlords: Oklahoma's Protect Property Rights Act prohibits municipalities from implementing mandatory property registration programs.
We make it EZ for Landlords by automatically including all state-required disclosures in our Lease Agreement.
- Flood Disclosure Form: If the property has flooded in the last five years, this flood disclosure form must be attached to the Lease Agreement.
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure: Pursuant to federal law, if the property was built before 1978, occupants must be provided with a lead-based paint disclosure.
Have other disclosures or additional documents you’d like to include? Choose from over 25 documents that you can add to your Lease Package with just the click of a button. For example, a Pet Addendum, a Tornado Addendum, or a Guest Policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Leases in Oklahoma need to be notarized?
No, Oklahoma Lease Agreements do not need to be notarized. The parties can choose to notarize the Rental Contract if they want to, but it’s not required. As long as the Lease is signed by the Landlord, or lessor, and the Tenant, or lessee, it’s considered legally binding and fully enforceable.
Can I draw up my own tenancy agreement?
Yes, anyone can write a tenancy agreement. However, if you do, it’s important to make sure that it complies with all state and federal laws. In addition, it needs to cover all terms of the rental relationship. Even a basic and simple Lease Agreement can be challenging to draft if you’re not experienced with the applicable laws and terms.
If you’re not familiar with your state’s Lease laws, drafting a Lease Agreement can be risky. There are standard Lease Agreements available online. While these blank, fillable Lease forms are better than nothing, they still can leave Landlords without the protection they need. Plus, generic Lease Agreements, like the one offered by the Oklahoma Association of Realtors, don’t allow Landlords to customize their Lease or create a full Lease Package.
The Lease is the most important document that Landlords use, and you want it to protect you should your renters break the Lease or damage your property. Because of that, it’s always a good idea to use a state-specific, customizable Lease Agreement that covers ALL terms of the rental relationship.
What is the standard Lease term in Oklahoma?
The standard Lease term is one year (12 months). However, shorter and longer tenancies are recognized as long as the term is clearly stated in the Lease Agreement. To help meet every Landlord’s needs, we have Lease Agreements of different lengths, including a Month-to-Month Lease, Vacation Rental Contract, and a Short-Term Lease Agreement.
How should I store my Oklahoma Lease Agreement?
There are lots of ways your Lease can be stored. Once it’s completed, it’s automatically stored securely in the cloud using our ezCloudStorage. In addition, it’s EZ to print or download as a PDF. Whether you prefer electronic storage or storing a hard copy, it’s important to make sure that your Lease is accessible and secure.
Who needs a Lease Agreement?
Anyone who rents real estate needs a Lease Agreement in place before handing over possession of their property. This is true whether it’s an apartment, duplex, single-family home, or condo.
The Lease is what protects the Landlord if Tenants violate rental terms, damage the property, or don’t pay rent. Because of this, it’s vital to always have a good Lease Agreement in place.
Oklahoma Rental Forms and Templates
The Lease Agreement is only one of many forms that Oklahoma Landlords need. That’s why we have an entire library of property management forms to handle every phase of the Landlord Lifecycle.
Pro Tip: Always screen Tenants before handing over possession of your rental unit. Thorough Tenant Screening includes a credit report, ResidentScore, criminal history background report, and eviction history report. Start your screening or view sample reports here: Tenant Screening
- Rental Application: Always screen Tenants before signing a Lease Agreement. Use our free Rental Application to start your screening.
- Tenant Welcome Letter: Customize this letter to make sure your Tenants have all the information they need about their new home on day 1.
- Move-in/Move-Out Walkthrough Checklist: Use this customizable checklist to document property conditions at move-in and move-out. If you collect a security deposit, this form is a must!
- Rent Ledger: Use this form to keep track of rent payments for each of your rental units. It makes it EZ for Landlords to stay organized and to have documentation of any missing payments.
- Oklahoma 10-Day Demand for Compliance: This form should be used if the Tenant commits a Lease violation other than nonpayment of rent.
- Oklahoma 5-Day Demand for Rent: Use this form if a Tenant has not paid rent. It’s an essential first step in the eviction process.
Need a different form? We’ve got about 400 more!
Other State Lease Agreement
If you have rental units in multiple states, you need a Lease Agreement for each one. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Arkansas Rental Contract: Create the complete Arkansas Lease Package online in minutes.
- Colorado Residential Lease Agreement: Our Colorado Lease Agreement complies with all state laws and all Denver and Aurora requirements.
- Kansas Rental Lease Agreement: Complies with all Kansas and Wichita Lease laws.
- Missouri Residential Lease Agreement: Customize your Missouri Lease Agreement online in minutes!
- New Mexico Rental Contract: Enjoy unlimited access to ezSign, our electronic signing tool.
- Texas Residential Rental Agreement: The EZ way to comply with all Texas Lease laws.
Need another state’s Lease Agreement? We’ve got them all!
Create Oklahoma Lease Agreement
Ready to customize your Oklahoma Lease Agreement?
It only takes about 15 minutes to create a great state-specific Lease Agreement!
Back To Top ▲
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers