Missouri Lease Agreement with ezSign
Create and Download the Missouri Residential Lease & Rental Agreement printable PDF for Landlords. This state-specific Lease is customizable and includes MO laws.
Document Last Modified: 1/11/2023
Uses Lease Builder
Pro Tip: Our Missouri Lease Agreement complies with all Missouri Lease Laws AND meets all Lease requirements for the cities of St. Louis and Kansas City, MO.
The Best Online Lease Agreement.
Our Lease is created by Landlords for Landlords. It’s EZ to customize, read, and sign. Plus, it’s comprehensive and guaranteed to comply with all state Lease Laws.
No wonder so many Landlords use it and love it!
- Over 3 million Leases created since 2006
- Rated “excellent” 4.8 from 5,000+ reviews
- Recommended by Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran
Rated “excellent” 4.8 from 5,000+ reviews on Trustpilot
Watch Our Videos
Video to Share with Tenants
Create your customized Missouri Lease Agreement in less than 15 minutes!
Table of Contents
- Missouri Residential Lease Agreement
- Landlord-Tenant Laws
- Required Disclosures
- Other Popular Forms
- Missouri Rental Forms and Templates
- Other State Residential Lease Agreements
- Create Your Missouri Lease!
Missouri Residential Lease Agreement
Missouri Landlords need a Lease Agreement that complies with all Missouri Lease laws and that covers all terms of the rental relationship.
Our MO Lease Agreement gives Landlords all the protection they need and it’s EZ to create!
- Follow simple prompts to customize your Lease online in about 15 minutes.
- As you build your Lease, you’ll get State Assist Tips that point out key state laws.Note: All Missouri-required terms, clauses, and disclosures are AUTOMATICALLY included in the Lease Agreement.
- With the click of a box, add any addendums you want to create the complete Lease Package. Choose from over 25 addendums and disclosures!
- Review and sign your Lease online using our electronic signing tool, ezSign.
- Your executed Lease is automatically stored securely on the cloud with our ezCloudStorage. It’s also EZ to print or download as a PDF.
Our MO Lease Agreement is guaranteed to comply with all state Lease requirements. That means you don’t need to worry about these laws when creating your Rental Contract. Makes things EZ, right?
But, you will want to be familiar with Missouri Landlord-Tenant Laws when managing your rentals.
Ending and Renewing
Year-to-Year Tenancy: Either party may terminate by giving written notice at Least 60 days before the end of the Lease term. Month-to-Month Tenancy: Either party may terminate with at least 30 days’ written notice.
Security deposits may not exceed two (2) months' rent. A Landlord may not require upfront payment of the last month's rent to exceed this limit
Note: Missouri statutes do not include pet deposits in this limit, two months' rent plus an additional pet deposit may be charged.
Returned Payment Fee
Landlords may charge a reasonable service charge, not to exceed $25 plus an amount equal to the actual charge by the depository institution, for the return of dishonored checks.
Assessed fees must be reasonably related to the expenses the Landlord incurs as a result of a late payment.
Landlords may require occupants to obtain renters insurance and can make the failure to do so a breach of the lease.
Notice to Enter
Missouri has no requirements regarding the amount of notice a Landlord must give before entry for non-emergent reasons. That said, we recommend giving at least 24 hours’ notice.
St. Louis: In addition to the Fair Housing Act protected classes (race, color, religion, sex, familial status, or national origin), St. Louis also prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or source of income.
Contact your local housing or zoning office to be sure your rental property complies with city and county requirements for inspections, rent control, occupancy limits, property codes, and zoning. Many cities and counties require inspections and registrations and have specific maintenance regulations.
The only required disclosure in Missouri is a Lead-Based Paint Disclosure.
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure: Pursuant to federal law, if the property was built before 1978, Landlords must provide Tenants with a lead-based paint disclosure.
Have other disclosures or addendums you want to include in your Lease Agreement? With the click of a box, you can select from over 25 addendums and disclosures to customize your Lease Package - for example, a Pet Addendum, Pool/Hot Tub Addendum, or Mold Prevention Addendum.
Pro Tip: A customized Lease Package makes sure that you’ve covered all terms for your rental property and that your new Tenant is prepared to take care of your property. Plus, it sets the tone of good communication and lays the foundation for a good Landlord-Tenant relationship.
This is just one of the reasons we like to say that a Great Lease Makes a Great Landlord!
Does a Lease Agreement need to be notarized in Missouri?
No, Missouri Lease Agreements do not have to be notarized. As long as the Lease is agreed upon and signed by both parties, it’s legally binding and fully enforceable.
What are the Landlord-Tenant laws in Missouri?
We’ve summarized some key Lease laws in the Landlord-Tenant section above. In addition, Missouri’s Landlord-Tenant laws are outlined in this state-provided resource: Missouri Landlord-Tenant Law: the Rights and Responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants. This is a great resource for Landlords to review and be familiar with!
What is the standard Lease term in Missouri?
The standard Lease term in Missouri is one year (12 months). While oral and written Lease Agreements are accepted, any Lease longer than one year must be in writing to be enforceable. Regardless of the Lease term, we recommend always using a written Lease Agreement to ensure that you’re protected.
Short-term and long-term Lease Contracts are accepted in Missouri. For example, Vacation Rental Agreements, Month-to-Month Lease Agreements, and Multi-Year Lease Agreements are all recognized in Missouri.
How can I get a free Rental Agreement online?
We offer a free Lease Agreement for Landlords to use. That said, basic, simple Lease Agreements don’t provide the same protection that a state-specific Lease does.
You can build our free Lease Agreement and our Missouri Lease Agreement at the same time and then decide which one you want to use. If you decide to use the free one, it’s completely free. No payment required!
Do Missouri Landlords need a Lease Agreement?
Yes! Anyone who rents real estate needs a Lease Agreement. This is true whether it’s an apartment, condo, duplex, or single-family home
It’s the Lease that provides all the terms of the rental relationship and protects the Landlord, or lessor, should any problems arise.
You have a lot invested in your rental property, so it makes sense to invest in a Great Lease too. While there are blank, fillable Lease Agreements available online, these don’t fully protect Landlords. A generic Lease form, like the one offered by the Missouri Association of Realtors, is better than nothing but it’s not great.
To get the most out of your rental, avoid Landlord headaches, and ensure you’re protected, we recommend using a Great Lease that’s customizable and state-specific.
Other Popular Forms
Landlords need forms for the entire Landlord Lifecycle - from an initial application to move-out forms. We’ve got over 450 forms to make Landlords’ lives EZ!
- Rental Application: Use our free Rental Application to start your screening process. It lets you gather key info about Applicants and get the necessary authorizations to run screening reports, including a credit report, criminal history background report, and eviction history report.
- Move-In/Move-Out Checklis:Use this checklist to document the condition of your property at move-in and move-out. This form is vital if you collect a security deposit because it will provide the documentation you need if you have to withhold some or all of the security deposit.
- Rent Ledger:Stay organized with our rent ledger, which makes it EZ to keep track of rent payments for all units.
- Tenant Welcome Letter:Customize this Welcome Letter to make sure your renters have all the info they need about their new home on day 1!
Missouri Rental Forms and Templates
- Missouri 10-Day Demand for Possession:This form should be used if the Tenant is in violation of the Lease Agreement. It’s a necessary first step before filing for eviction.
- Missouri Demand for Rent:This form should be given to Tenants that break the Lease by being late with rent payments. This is a required first step before initiating eviction proceedings.
- Missouri Abandoned Property Notice:If rent is past due for at least 30 days, Landlords may serve a Tenant with this Notice, stating that the Landlord considers the property abandoned. If the Tenant does not reply within 10 days stating that the property is not abandoned, the Landlord or property manager may enter the property and begin preparing it to be rented by new Tenants.
- Missouri Methamphetamine/Controlled Substance Disclosure: This disclosure is required if a property has ever been used as a Methamphetamine Lab or if the Landlord has any knowledge that the property has been used for Meth production.
- Missouri Landlord-Tenant Pamphlet:This resource outlines Landlord and Tenant rights in the state of Missouri.
Don’t see the form you need?
Other State Residential Lease Agreements
If you rent property in multiple states, you need a state-specific Lease Agreement for each property. Don’t worry, we’ve got them all!
- Arkansas Rental Contract: Create the complete Arkansas Lease Package in about 15 minutes!
- Illinois Lease Agreement: We make it EZ to comply with Illinois’s complex Lease laws.
- Iowa Residential Rental Contract: Enjoy unlimited access to our electronic signing tool, ezSign
- Kansas Residential Lease Agreement: Complies with all state requirements and all Wichita Lease requirements.
- Kentucky Lease Agreement: Our KY Lease complies with all Kentucky Lease laws and all the Lease requirements of Louisville and Lexington.
- Nebraska Rental Agreement: Guaranteed to comply with all Nebraska state laws and all Lincoln and Omaha Lease laws!
- Oklahoma Residential Lease Agreement: Our OK Rental Contract complies with all state laws and all Oklahoma City Lease laws.
- Tennessee Rental Contract: Create the complete Tennessee Lease Package in minutes!
Need another state? We’ve got it!
Create Your Missouri Lease!
Ready to get started?
- Customize your Lease online in minutes.
- Rest EZ knowing that it complies with all MO Lease laws.
- Enjoy unlimited access to our electronic signing and storage tools.
Back To Top ▲
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers