Missouri Lease Agreement with ezSign
Now with ezSign. This Missouri lease agreement complies with all MO rental regulations and guides you through them as you create your MO lease.
Document Last Modified: 6/11/2021
Uses Lease Builder
Landlords and property managers must follow Missouri’s Landlord-Tenant laws when creating a lease agreement. Our Lease Builder provides comprehensive legal guidance designed to keep the agreement between you and your tenant compliant with those laws. And, the Lease Builder is continually updated with new information as laws are changed in Missouri.
In addition, this document also meets lease requirements for the cities of Kansas City and St. Louis. What’s more, relevant disclosures, addenda, and information documents may be included in the Missouri lease package with a simple click. This ensures that your contract and all addenda are presented in one comprehensive document. Creating the lease is simple and intuitive. The Lease Builder takes you through seven steps.
A Great Lease makes a Great Landlord
▶ Watch the Great Lease Video
Video to Share with New Tenants
▶ Watch the Move in Video
Missouri State Laws
Ending and Renewing
Tenancy from year to year either party may terminate a tenancy from year to year by giving notice, in writing, of the intention to terminate the lease, not less than 60 days before the end of the year.
Month to month tenancies the landlord or the tenant may terminate by written notice given to the other party stating that the tenancy shall terminate NOT LESS than 30 days after the receipt of the notice.
No notice necessary no notice to quit shall be required from or to a tenant whose term is to end at a certain time, or when, by special agreement, notice is dispensed.
|Security deposits may not exceed two (2) months' rent. A landlord may not charge last month's rent to exceed this limit. However, Missouri statutes do not include pet deposits in this limit, two months' rent plus an additional pet deposit may be charged.|
Returned Payment Fee
|A reasonable service charge, not to exceed $25, plus an amount equal to the actual charge by the depository institution for the return of each unpaid or dishonored instrument may be assessed. Mo. Rev. Stat. § 570.120|
|Assessed fees must be reasonably related to the expenses the landlord incurs as a result of a late payment.|
|Landlords may require tenants to obtain rental insurance, and could make the failure to do so a breach of the lease.|
Addenda & Disclosures
|If the leased premises was constructed prior to 1978, the landlord must provide all tenants with the Lead-Based Paint EPA Disclosure and the Lead-Based Paint EPA Pamphlet.|
Notice to Enter
|No requirement, however, we do recommend at least giving 24 hours notice before entering leased premises for non emergencies.|
|St. Louis: In addition to the Fair Housing Act protected classes (race, color, religion, sex, familial status, or national origin) St. Louis also prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or source of income.|
Contact your local housing or zoning office to be sure your rental property complies with city and county requirements for inspections, rent control, occupancy limits, property codes and zoning. Many cities and counties require inspections, registrations and have specific maintenance regulations.
Missouri Forms & DocumentsMissouri Landlord Tenant Pamphlet
Missouri Methamphetamine/Controlled Substances Disclosure
Missouri Abandoned Property Notice
Missouri Demand For Rent
Missouri 10-Day Demand for Possession
Missouri Lease FeaturesThere are so many great features included in the Lease Package:
- Rental agreement terms that Missouri requires
- Clauses that the landlord may customize
- Options to include unlimited, additional clauses
- Help provided with green, Missouri Assist boxes
- ezSign, email or print lease
Create your Missouri Lease Agreement for Residential, Condo, House, Home, Trailer, Apartment, Townhome, Housing, Real Estate, Duplex, Buildings, and many more!
Missouri Lease Package DocumentsBelow are just some of the additional legal forms available to include with your MO lease package:
- Missouri Landlord-Tenant Pamphlet - Legally required
- Purchase Option Addendum
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure - Legally required for buildings built before 1978
- EPA Lead-Based Paint Pamphlet - Legally required for buildings built before 1978
- Pet Policy Addendum
- Any of our other Lease Addendums, Rental Disclosures, and Information Pamphlets & Documents
- Optional lease packet cover page & custom Table of Contents
Rules and RegulationsOptional rules for your Missouri lease package include these samples:
- Late fees are strictly enforced and any unpaid fees will not be waived.
- Absolutely no smoking is permitted in the leased premises.
- Tenant shall abide by all rules and regulations mandated by any governing Condominium Association or Homeowners Association.
- The tenant may not use windows, decks, or balconies for the purpose of drying laundry.
- Absolutely no hazardous materials are permitted to be in or around the leased premises at any time.
- Tenant must report any malfunction with smoke detectors immediately.
- Tenant agrees not to remove, dismantle or take any action to interfere with the operation of any smoke detectors installed on the leased premises.
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers