Alabama Lease Agreement with ezSign
Now with ezSign. Our Alabama Lease wizard will walk you through all of Alabama's Leasing laws, as you quickly create your AL Rental Agreement.
Document Last Modified: 7/1/2021
Uses Lease Builder
Our Lease Builder Wizard is the efficient and economical tool you need to ensure that your agreements are comprehensive and in compliance with Alabama Landlord-Tenant laws.
Alabama might be more Landlord and investor-friendly than many other states when it comes to rental regulations; nevertheless, there are restrictions that Landlords and property managers must know. For instance, Landlords may not charge Tenants a security deposit and the last month’s rent in advance. Also, the returned check fee may not exceed $30.
Applying those rules, and other state laws, is easy using this Alabama-specific Lease agreement. Simply enter the property address, and our system will automatically add the legally required terms. At each step in the form, look for green, Alabama Assist text boxes that explain what must be done and why.Also provided in this agreement package are federally mandated Addenda and Disclosure forms that address such issues as lead paint and Section 8 tenancy.
A Great Lease makes a Great Landlord
▶ Watch the Great Lease Video
Video to Share with New Tenants
▶ Watch the Move in Video
Alabama State Laws
Ending and Renewing
Fixed Term: Specified in Lease.
Periodic: Week To Week 7 days notice. All other tenancies require 30 days.
Maximum: 1 months rent-- not including pet fees.
Returning: Landlord must return deposit within 60 days.
Returned Payment Fee
Maximum: No Max- Must be stated in the Lease.
Late fee is recommended
|Landlords may require Tenants to obtain rental insurance.|
Addenda & Disclosures
|Built before 1978: Lead-Based Paint EPA Disclosure|
Notice to Enter
|Landlord must give 2 (two) days notice to enter the rental.|
|Landlord shall provide working smoke detection devices, carbon monoxide detection devices and the Landlord shall be responsible for repair and/or replacement. Tenant must notify Landlord if devices are not working.|
Contact your local housing or zoning office to be sure your rental property complies with city and county requirements for inspections, rent control, occupancy limits, property codes and zoning. Many cities and counties require inspections, registrations and have specific maintenance regulations.
Alabama Forms & DocumentsAlabama Statement of Claim-Eviction Unlawful Detainer
Alabama 7 Day Notice To Terminate the Lease
Alabama 7 Day Notice for Failure to Pay Rent
Alabama Lease FeaturesThere are so many great features included in the Lease Package:
- Legal terms required by Alabama
- Options to add extra clauses
- Guidance on state rules with our Alabama Assist
- Ability to customize Addenda
- Option to ezSign, email or print the Lease package
Create your Alabama Lease Agreement for Residential, Condo, House, Home, Trailer, Apartment, Townhome, Housing, Real Estate, Duplex, Buildings, and many more!
Alabama Lease Package DocumentsThese additional legal forms and many others can be included in your Lease package:
- Pet Addendum
- Tenant Guest Policy
- Satellite Dish/Antenna Installation Policy and Permission
- Mold Prevention Addendum
- Any of our other Lease Addenda, Rental Disclosures, and Information Pamphlets & Documents
- Optional Lease packet Cover Page, your own Logo, and a Table of Contents
Rules and RegulationsBelow are just a few of the many available rules and regulations you may choose to include in your Alabama Lease Package:
- Garbage/Trash must be taken to the curb on the scheduled days of removal and not before.
- Late fees are strictly enforced and any unpaid fees will not be waived.
- The Tenant will be responsible for any fine and/or violation that is imposed on the Landlord due to the Tenant’s negligence.
- Under no circumstance should a stove, oven, or range be used as a source for heat.
- The Tenant must report any malfunction with smoke detector(s) immediately to Landlord.
- The Tenant agrees not to remove, dismantle or take any action to interfere with the operation of any smoke detector(s) installed on the Leased Premises.
Alabama Landlord Tenant Law and RegulationsView Article >
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers