Nebraska Lease Agreement with ezSign
Create & download the Nebraska Residential Lease & Rental Agreement printable PDF for Landlords. This state-specific Lease is customizable & includes Nebraska law.
Document Last Modified: 3/28/2023
Uses Lease Builder
The Best Online Lease Available
EZ to create. EZ to read. EZ to sign.
It only takes about 15 minutes to customize your complete Lease Package!
- Over 3 million Leases created since 2006
- Rated “excellent” 4.8 from 5,000+ reviews
- Recommended by Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran
Rated “excellent” 4.8 from 5,000+ reviews on Trustpilot
Watch Our Videos
▶ This is Why a Lease is so Important
▶ How to ezSign your Lease Agreement
Video to Share with Tenants
Pro Tip: Never hand over possession of your rental unit before screening Tenants. Tenant Screening should include a Rental Application, ResidentScore, credit report, criminal history background report, and eviction history report.
Start screening or view sample reports here.
Table of Contents
- Nebraska Residential Lease Agreement
- Landlord-Tenant Laws
- Required Disclosures
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Popular Forms
- Nebraska State Specific Documents
- Other State Lease Agreements
- Create Nebraska Lease Agreement
Nebraska Residential Lease Agreement
If you Lease real estate in Nebraska, you need a Lease Agreement that complies with all state laws.
Our Nebraska Lease is guaranteed to comply with all state laws and is EZ to create in minutes.
- Follow user-friendly prompts to create and customize your Lease entirely online.
- As you do, get State Assist tips to point out important state laws.
- All state-required terms, language, and disclosures are automatically added to your Lease Package.
- Add additional documents, addendums, or disclosures with just the click of a button.
- Review and sign your Lease online using our electronic signing tool, ezSign.
- Your signed Lease is automatically stored securely with our ezCloudStorage. It’s also EZ to print or download as a PDF.
Create your complete Lease Package online in about 15 minutes. EZ as that!
Pro Tip: Customize your Lease Package by choosing from over 25 additional documents, disclosures, and addendums. For example, you can add a Pet Addendum, Winter Weather Addendum, or Tenant Guest Policy
Our Nebraska Rental Contract is guaranteed to comply with all state laws. Even so, we know Pro Landlords want to be familiar with all Lease laws when managing their rental units!
|Ending and Renewing||The Landlord or Tenant may terminate a lease by giving advance written notice as follows: Week-to-Week Lease Agreement: Requires a 7-day notice Month-to-Month Lease Agreement: Requires a 30 day notice Fixed-Term Lease: Requires notice as specified within the Lease or the Lease simply terminates at the end of the rental agreement|
The security deposit may not exceed an amount greater than 1 month's rent.
Note: If a pet deposit is required, an additional amount not to exceed one-quarter of one month’s rent may be collected.
|Returned Payment Fee||Within 10 days after receiving notice of a dishonored check, the Tenant must pay restitution for the value of the check plus $10 and any reasonable service charges.|
There are no maximum limits or restrictions placed on the amount charged for a late fee. However, assessed fees should be reasonably related to the expenses incurred by the Landlord as a result of late payment.
Late fees must be specified within a written Lease Agreement.
|Insurance Requirements||Landlords may require Tenants to obtain rental insurance.|
|Notice to Enter||Landlords must give at least 24 hours’ notice before entering leased premises.|
|Landlord Requirements||No additional Requirements.|
Contact your local housing or zoning office to be sure your rental property complies with city and county requirements for inspections, rent control, occupancy limits, property codes, and zoning. Many cities and counties require inspections and registrations and have specific maintenance regulations.
- Identity of Owner/Agent: In the Lease Agreement, the Landlord must disclose all persons allowed to access the premises and a name and address for official notices.
- Lead-based Paint Disclosure: Pursuant to federal law, if a rental unit was built before 1978, the Landlord must provide all occupants with a lead-based paint disclosure and lead-based paint pamphlet.
We automatically include these disclosures in our Nebraska Lease Package. Plus, you can add additional documents or disclosures that you need with just the click of a button.
FAQs-Frequently Asked Questions
Does a Lease need to be signed to be legally binding?
Yes, both the Landlord and the Tenant need to sign the Lease Agreement to make it a fully enforceable contract. Nebraska Lease Agreements don’t need to be notarized, but they do need to be signed by both parties to be legally binding.
How do you write a Lease Agreement?
The Lease Agreement needs to cover all terms of the rental relationship. This includes basic information like rent amount, rent due date, the Lease term, security deposit information, and late fees. However, the Lease also needs to include all of the small details of the rental relationship like who’s responsible for lawn care, who’s responsible for snow removal, who handles pest controls, the policy for repairs, occupancy policies, and Lease renewal.
The Lease Agreement is the most important form that Landlords use. It protects the Landlord, or lessor, if problems arise with a Tenant, and is the foundation of Landlord-Tenant relationships. Because of this, it’s vital to have a strong Lease Agreement in place before handing over possession of your property.
Unless you have experience writing a Lease Agreement, it’s not a good idea to write it yourself. There are some simple, fillable Lease forms available online, but these can still leave Landlords without the protection they need. These generic, blank Lease forms can’t be customized to your property and usually are not state-specific. Avoid these simple forms that can leave Landlords with problems if the Tenant breaks the Lease.
Instead, always use a customizable, comprehensive, state-specific Lease Agreement.
Who needs a Lease Agreement in Nebraska?
Anyone who rents real estate needs a written Lease Agreement. This is true whether it’s an apartment, single-family home, duplex, condo, or commercial property. The Lease is the most important document that Landlords use. It outlines all terms of the rental relationship and protects the Landlord if problems arise. Never give a renter keys and possession of your unit until a written Lease Agreement is in place!
What is the standard Lease term in Nebraska?
The standard Lease term in Nebraska is one year (12 months). However, longer or shorter Lease terms are accepted as long as the term is clearly stated in the Lease Agreement. We offer Month-to-Month Leases, short-term or Vacation Rental Agreements, and long-term Lease Agreements that can be customized to each Landlord’s needs.
Do Nebraska Landlords need a state-specific Lease Agreement?
Yes, your Lease Agreement needs to comply with all Lease laws of the state where your property is located. As a result, it’s vital to always use a state-specific Lease Agreement. There are some standard, fillable Nebraska Lease forms, like the one offered by the Nebraska Association of Realtors. While these are better than just a blank Lease template, they can’t be customized to your property.
Rather than using a fillable Lease form, Landlords should always use a customizable, state-specific Lease Agreement.
Other Popular Forms
The Lease is just one of many forms that Landlords need. That’s why we have over 400 more property management forms to cover every phase of the Landlord lifecycle.
- Rental Application: Our Free Rental Application lets Landlords gather vital information about Applicants and get the necessary authorizations to run important screening reports.
- Tenant Welcome Letter: Customize our Welcome Letter to provide new renters with all the information they need about their new home. It’s a great way to establish good Landlord-Tenant communication from day 1.
- Rent Ledger: Our Free Rent Ledger makes it EZ to stay organized and keep up with all rent payments. Plus, it provides important documentation in the event that your Tenant misses a rent payment.
- Move-In/Move-Out Walkthrough Checklist: This customizable checklist makes it EZ for Landlords to document property condition at move-in and move-out. This is a must if you collect a security deposit!
- Lease Renewal Agreement: Use this Notice to renew your Lease Agreement and make small adjustments to Lease terms.
Nebraska State Specific Documents
- Nebraska 3-Day Demand for Rent: Landlords should use this Notice for Tenants that are late with rent. It’s a necessary first step in the eviction process.
- Nebraska 14-Day Notice of Termination: Landlords should use this Notice when Tenants have committed the same Lease violation twice within six months. It does not give Tenants an opportunity to cure the violation and instead gives them the timeframe within which they must vacate the property.
- Nebraska 30-Day Notice of Termination: Use this Notice for Lease violations other than nonpayment of rent. It gives Tenants 14 days to cure the Lease violation or vacate the property.
- Nebraska Landlord-Tenant Information Brochure: This Nebraska resource summarizes key points of Nebraska Landlord-Tenant laws and is a great resource for Nebraska Landlords.
Need another form? Our library has over 400 more property management forms.
Other State Lease Agreements
If you Lease real estate in multiple states, you need a state-specific Rental Contract for each property. Might sound complicated, but we make it EZ by having Leases for all 50 states!
- Colorado Rental Contract: In addition to complying with all CO Lease laws, our Colorado Lease complies with all Denver and Aurora Lease requirements.
- Iowa Residential Lease Agreement: Create a complete Iowa Lease Package online in minutes.
- Kansas Lease Agreement: Like all of our state Leases, the Kansas Lease includes unlimited access to our electronic signing tool, ezSign.
- Missouri Residential Rental Contract: Our Missouri Lease complies with all MO Lease laws and all Lease requirements of St. Louis and Kansas City, MO.
- South Dakota Residential Lease Agreement: Guaranteed to comply with South Dakota’s unique Lease laws.
- Wyoming Rental Contract: Build your Wyoming Lease Agreement entirely online in minutes.
Need another state? We’ve got them all!
Create Nebraska Lease Agreement
- EZ to customize entirely online in about 15 MINUTES!
- Guaranteed to comply with all Nebraska Lease Laws.
- Includes access to electronic signing and electronic storage.
Back To Top ▲
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers