District of Columbia Lease Agreement with eSign
Now with eSign. Washington DC has its own set of landlord-tenant laws, despite its diminutive size. This DC lease agreement complies and offers legal tips.
Document Last Modified: 10/25/2017
Uses Lease Builder
Numerous documents provided on our DC forms page supply the background and details you need to ensure a professional lease that will protect your real estate investment. The easy to use Lease Builder Wizard lets you quickly enter terms, select options for rent payments, and set expectations for tenants’ care of your property.
Green, shaded DC Assist instruction boxes guide you in making the right choices when DC laws must be applied. For instance, in Step 3 of the Lease Builder Wizard, a DC Assist will explain that landlords may not charge tenants more than the equivalent of a month's rent as a security deposit; further, the deposit must be held in an interest-bearing account.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA LEASE FEATURES
All District-required language
Help provided with green, DC Assist boxes
Options to add your own clauses
eSign, email or print lease
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA LEASE PACKAGE DOCUMENTS
Some addenda will automatically be attached to the lease. Then, you may add as many extra addenda as you wish. Here are some examples or required and optional addenda:
- D.C. Lead Disclosure Form - Legally required for units built before 1978
- RAD Registration/Claim of Exemption Form - Required Unless Exempt
- DC Housing Disclosure to Applicant (RAD Form 3)
- D.C. Required Notice of Housing Code
- Lease Cosigner Agreement
- Security Alarm System Installation Policy and Permission
- Pest Control - Bed Bug Addendum
- Trash and Recycling Instructions
RULES & REGULATIONS
Any of these rules and regulations, and more, may be added to your lease by checking a box:
- Tenant will not transfer, assign or sublease unit without landlord's written permission.
- Tenant shall follow rules of any governing condominium or homeowners association.
- Use of windows, decks, or balconies for the purpose of drying laundry is prohibited.
- Tenant may not place any signs on or about the leased premises.
- Installation of a satellite system or antenna must be approved by landlord.
- Tenant must maintain air filters for heater and/or air conditioner.
- Available parking is described in lease.
Why EZ Landlord Forms?
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
No Recurring Billing
No automatic charges or monthly billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit &ump print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers