Arizona 5-Day Notice for Health & Safety Violations
Pro Form: Create a Pro Account to access this form
The Arizona 5-Day Notice is for Tenants who have violated the Lease by committing a health or safety violation. Tenants have 5 days to cure the violation or vacate the property.
Document Last Modified: 7/6/2023
Arizona Health & Safety Violation
Under Arizona law, Tenants have an obligation to:
- Keep the rental unit in a clean and safe condition;
- Comply with all building codes;
- Dispose of all trash in a safe manner;
- Keep plumbing fixtures in clean condition;
- Use all plumbing, electrical, and HVAC appliances in a reasonable way;
- Use all appliances in a safe manner; and
- Not interfere with neighbors’ enjoyment of their property.
Failure to comply with these obligations and maintain the premises in a healthy and safe way could result in the termination of the Tenant’s Lease Agreement.
Examples of health and safety violations include:
- Unsupervised pets
- Unsafe appliances
- Newspapers piled up creating a fire hazard
- Excessive trash and rubbish on the property.
If a Tenant breaches the Lease Agreement by committing a health and safety violation, the Tenant has 5 days to cure the violation or vacate the property.
Customize a 5-Day Notice online to address the violation. This is a required first step in the eviction process.
Arizona Rental Forms & Templates
- Arizona Residential Lease Agreement: Customize your Arizona Lease Package entirely online in minutes. Guaranteed to comply with all Arizona Lease laws.
- Arizona Residential Landlord & Tenant Act: Download this free resource to stay up to date on Arizona Landlord-Tenant laws.
- Arizona Residential Pool Safety Notice: Landlords must provide Tenants with this notice whenever a pool is located on the rented premises.
- Arizona 5-Day Notice to Pay or Quit: Landlords should use this notice for unpaid rent. It’s a necessary first step in the eviction process.
- Arizona 10-Day Notice to Cure or Vacate: Landlords should use this for Lease violations other than nonpayment of rent or health and safety violations.
The EZ Way to Be a Great Landlord
We help Landlords get the most out of their investment properties.
- Rental Application & Tenant Screening Services
- State-Specific Lease Agreements
- Over 400 Property Management Forms