Nevada 7 Day No Cause Notice to Quit
This official notice is used when there is no lease or tenant has not vacated at the end of a lease. This is for a week to week tenant.
Document Last Modified: 5/13/2023
There are times when the lease with your tenant is about to expire and you have decided that you do not want to renew the agreement for another term. Nevada law requires landlords who don’t want to renew a lease to give the tenant notice that he or she must move out. This is referred to as a No Cause Notice. The tenant does not have to have committed a lease agreement violation for the landlord to decide that the lease won’t be renewed.
If the lease agreement is a weekly lease, then the landlord must give the tenant 7 days notice. This 7 Day No Cause Notice to Quit form may be used. (If the agreement is for a longer period, the landlord must give the tenant a 30 day no cause notice. Please see the Nevada 30 Day No Cause Notice to Quit form.)
This 7 Day form tells the tenant that he or she must move out no later than 7 days after receiving the notice. The clock starts on the day after the tenant has been served. Weekends and certain holidays are not counted in the 7 days.
This form must be downloaded and printed, and then filled in by the landlord. Make sure that the tenant’s and landlord’s names are properly spelled and the addresses are accurate. The lower half of the 7 Day No Cause Notice to Quit form must be completed by the person who is serving the notice.
If the tenant fails to move out by the 7 day notice deadline, the landlord may then use a notice that warns the tenant that he or she is living in the rental unit unlawfully and could face eviction. In the case of a summary eviction, a landlord may issue a 5 Day Unlawful Detainer Notice to the tenant and, if the tenant still has not moved, may then begin the eviction process.
For more information, visit the Nevada state statute site.
Nevada Rental Forms and Templates
Nevada Landlords need Lease forms for the entire Landlord lifecycle. We’ve got everything you need from move-in to move-out.
- Rental Application: This free Rental Application is the best way to start the screening process. Use it to gather important information and to get the necessary authorizations to run vital screening reports.
- Tenant Welcome Letter: Customize this letter to provide Tenants with important information about their new rental property.
- Rent Ledger: Use our rent ledger to document rent payments and to ensure you have a record of any missed payments.
- Nevada 3-Day Notice to Quit: This is used for specific Lease violations as outlined by Nevada Revised Statute 40.2514. It’s a necessary first step in the eviction process.
- Nevada 5-Day Notice to Quit for Lease Violation: This form should be used for Lease violations other than non-payment of rent or those reasons listed in the 3-day notice to quit.
- Nevada 5-Day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit: This form should be used for Tenants that are late with rent. It informs Tenants that they need to pay rent or move out.
- Nevada 5-Day Unlawful Detainer Notice: This notice is for Tenants that need to vacate the property for failure to comply with prior notices.
- Nevada 7-Day No Cause Notice to Quit: This Notice should be used when there’s no Lease, a week-to-week Lease, or if the Tenant has stayed beyond the original Lease term.
- Nevada 30-Day No Cause Notice to Quit: This form should be used to terminate a month-to-month tenancy.
- Nevada Landlord-Tenant Eviction Handbook: This resource outlines the eviction process and provides details about both Landlord and Tenant rights.
- Nevada 5-Day Tenancy At-Will Notice: This form should be used to provide at-will Tenants with proper notice to vacate the property. It’s a necessary first step in the eviction process.
- Nevada Quitclaim Deed: This form can be used to quickly and easily transfer property ownership from one party to another.
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers