Washington Security Deposit Receipt
Pro Form: Create a Pro Account to access this form
Washington State has specific requirements for security deposits, including a security deposit receipt. This form complies with all Washington requirements and is EZ to customize online in minutes!
Document Last Modified: 5/21/2023
Pro Tip: Just collected a security deposit from new Tenants? Make sure you have a great Washington Lease Agreement in place before handing over possession.
This is the best way to avoid Tenant nightmares. And, it only takes about 15 to create and customize!
Pursuant to Washington law, Landlords must provide Tenants with a Security Deposit Receipt any time a security deposit is collected. This receipt must include:
- The name of the bank where security deposit funds are held.
- The address of the banking institution where the deposit is held.
- The terms and conditions for how funds will be dispersed.
Our form complies with these requirements and is EZ to customize online in about 5 minutes!
Note: Washington Landlords are also required to provide Tenants with a Move-In Checklist. If they don’t, the Tenant is entitled to receive the entire security deposit at move-out, regardless of the circumstances!
Washington Rental Forms and Templates
We know that the Lease Agreement isn’t the only form that Landlords need. That’s why we have forms for the entire Landlord Lifecycle - from move in to move out and everything in between!
- Washington Rental Application Disclosure: This form is required any time a Landlord charges a screening fee or an application fee.
- Washington Smoke-Free Lease Addendum: This Washington-specific form establishes a no-smoking policy for rental units and provides all rules regarding smoking anywhere on the property.
- Tenant Welcome Letter: This customizable Welcome Letter helps Landlords share key information with renters and ensures they’re ready to take good care of their new home from day 1.
- Rent Ledger: The rent ledger makes it EZ for Landlords to stay organized and provides key documentation should a Tenant ever miss any rent payments.
- Washington 10 Day Notice to Comply or Vacate: This Notice is used for Tenants that violate a Lease Agreement for reasons other than nonpayment of rent.
- Washington 14 Day Notice to Pay Rent or Vacate: This Notice is for Tenants that have missed rent payments.
Pro Tip: It’s a required first step in the eviction process.
- Washington Landlord/Tenant Rights Summary: This pamphlet serves as a good resource for Landlords and highlights some key Landlord-Tenant laws.
- Washington State Landlord/Tenant Act: This resource summarizes the state’s Landlord and Tenant laws in a way that is readable and EZ to understand.
Pro Tip: Landlords need a variety of forms when managing a rental property. Save time by getting them all in one place. We have over 450 Landlord forms in our library, including over 200 free forms!
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers