Washington Security Deposit Receipt
Washington State has specific requirements for security deposits, including a security deposit receipt. This form complies with all Washington requirements and is EZ to customize online in minutes!
Document Last Modified: 5/12/2022
Pro Tip: Just collected a security deposit from new Tenants? Make sure you have a great Washington Lease Agreement in place before handing over possession.
This is the best way to avoid Tenant nightmares. And, it only takes about 15 to create and customize!
Pursuant to Washington law, Landlords must provide Tenants with a Security Deposit Receipt any time a security deposit is collected. This receipt must include:
- The name of the bank where security deposit funds are held.
- The address of the banking institution where the deposit is held.
- The terms and conditions for how funds will be dispersed.
Our form complies with these requirements and is EZ to customize online in about 5 minutes!
Note: Washington Landlords are also required to provide Tenants with a Move-In Checklist. If they don’t, the Tenant is entitled to receive the entire security deposit at move-out, regardless of the circumstances!
Other Washington Forms:
- Free Rental Application: Before handing over your rental property to new Tenants, it’s vital to first thoroughly screen each potential new Tenant. Our free Rental Application is the EZ way to start this process - it gathers key information and gets the necessary authorizations to run important screening reports, including a credit report, criminal history background report, and eviction history report.
- Washington Rental Application Disclosure: If a Landlord charges a fee for Tenant Screening, this form must be used. Start Tenant Screening.
- Washington Lease Agreement: Make sure you have a customized, Washington Lease Agreement in place before giving Tenants keys to your rental. Ours is EZ to complete online in less than 15 minutes!
- Tenant Welcome Letter: Customize this letter to welcome renters to their new home and to provide them with key information about taking care of the property.
We have forms and tools for the Entire Landlord Lifecycle.
We make it EZ to be a Pro Landlord, with state-specific forms covering everything from move-in to move-out.
Join our community today! Become a Pro Landlord
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers