Some states require Landlords to disclose if a Rental Unit is located in a flood plain or an area at risk of flooding. In addition, if a Rental Unit has flooded in the past, most Landlords choose to disclose that to Tenants.
This general Flood Disclosure is easy to customize to meet your Rental Units needs or to comply with your state’s disclosure requirements.
Document Last Modified: 9/6/2022
Regardless, it’s a good practice to disclose information, remind Tenants that your insurance does not cover their possessions, and encourage them to get renters insurance and/or flood insurance.
Our General Flood Disclosure is EZ to customize to include relevant information about the flood risk, actual knowledge of flood hazards that the Landlord has, and steps the Tenant should take to mitigate flood risks.
We Have Tools and Forms for the Entire Landlord Lifecycle.
From Tenant Screening to property management to move-out, we have all the forms and documents Landlords need.
Get the most out of your Rental Unit and make Landlording EZ by getting access to all of our documents.
Become a Pro Member Want to join our community but are not ready to get a membership? You can always start by creating a FREE ACCOUNT
Popular Rental Forms & Templates
Landlords need a lot of forms, that’s why we have a library with over 400 of them!
- Free Rental Application: All you need is an Applicant’s name and email address to send them a free Rental Application.
- State-Specific Lease Agreements: Never hand over legal possession of your Rental Unit before signing a Lease. We have state-specific Leases for all 50 states!
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure: If your Rental Unit was built before 1978, Tenants must be provided with a lead-based paint disclosure.
- Pet Addendum: Share your Pet Policy with Tenants and ensure there’s no confusion about what animals Tenants may have at the property.
- Move-In/Move-Out Walkthrough Checklist: Customize this checklist to document the condition of your Rental Unit at move-in and move-out. If you collect a security deposit, this should be part of your move-in process!
Need another form?
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers