Alabama 7 Day Notice To Terminate the Lease
The Alabama 7 Day Notice to Terminate the Lease is used to terminate the tenancy for lease violations OTHER THAN non-payment of rent.
Document Last Modified: 5/9/2023
Sometimes, even with a well-crafted lease (and since you’re an on-the-ball kind of landlord you might have even used our Alabama Residential Lease Agreement), your tenant doesn’t hold up his end of the bargain. Even if he’s paid the rent on time every month, he may have violated the lease in other ways. Like by holding nightly jam sessions in the garage, for example, or by running an at-home business as a sports bookie. Our Alabama 14 Day Notice to Terminate the Lease is created for situations such as these.
This document is designed to give notice to a tenant who has violated the terms of a lease other than non-payment of rent. (In that case, you’ll want to use our Alabama 7 Day Notice for Failure to Pay Rent.) It clearly states in firm language that the terms of the lease have not been upheld and that failure to correct any violations within 7 days will result in legal proceedings to terminate the lease. A notice of 14 days is required for this type of violation in the state of Alabama. The tenant must also be given the chance to address the problem. Don’t you love that we figured that out for you?
Although having to use this type of notice is never fun, creating it is easy. All you have to do is click "Create Document." Once you do that, our Document Builder Wizard takes over. You simply customize the document for the right property address and add the lease violation. If you need to change the date the notice will be served or edit your contact information, you can do that as well. Then click "Create Documents" and your notice is ready! Click on the document name on the next screen to download and print. Note that the document will print with a list of options for delivering the notice. Simply fill that information in by hand.
We hate having to think about evicting a tenant and are pretty sure you do, too. But if it comes to that, you’ll want to make sure your ducks are in a row. A great place to start is our Overview of the Eviction Process: A Step-by-Step Guide to Eviction. In addition to offering a ton of practical information about evictions, it also has some nifty graphics. You might even want to keep track of every step you take along the journey, which is what our Eviction Record Timeline is for. See? We’ve thought of everything.
Alabama Rental Forms and Templates
The Lease Agreement is only the first of many forms that Landlords need. That’s why we offer documents for the entire Landlord Lifecycle.
- Rental Application: All renters should complete a Rental Application before signing a Lease. Our Free Rental Application makes it EZ to collect important information about Applicants and to get the necessary authorizations to run a credit report, criminal history background report, and eviction history report. Learn more or view sample reports here.
- Move-In/Move-Out Walkthrough Checklist: The move-in/move-out walkthrough checklist documents property condition at move-in and move-out.
Pro Tip: If you collect a security deposit, this form is essential!
- Tenant Welcome Letter: This customizable letter provides Tenants with all the information they need about their rental from day 1. Plus, it’s a great way to establish good Landlord-Tenant communication.
- Rent Ledger: This free rent ledger makes it EZ for Landlords to keep up with rent payments and document any missed payments.
- Alabama 7-Day Notice for Failure to Pay Rent: This form should be used if a Tenant is behind on rent. This notice must be served before a Landlord can initiate eviction proceedings.
- Alabama 7-Day Notice to Terminate the Lease: This form should be used if the Landlord wants to terminate a Lease due to a Lease violation other than the nonpayment of rent.
- Alabama Statement of Claim - Eviction/Unlawful Detainer: This is the document that Alabama Landlords use to initiate an eviction proceeding.
Don’t see the form you need? Don’t worry, we’ve got about 400 more!
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers