Shared Utilities Disclosure
Pro Form: Create a Pro Account to access this form
This form is for Landlords that have rental units with shared utilities. It discloses the utilities that are shared and the process for calculating each Tenant’s monthly charges.
Document Last Modified: 4/14/2022
Who Needs a Shared Utilities Disclosure?
Any Landlord that has rental units that share utilities should include this disclosure in the Lease Package. Some cities and states require this disclosure, but it’s a good idea to include it whether or not it’s required.
The Utilities Disclosure:
- Specifies exactly which utilities are shared
- Discloses the process for calculating the Tenant’s utility charge
- Discloses any monthly service fee
- Provides Tenants with information about payment of their monthly utility bill
Pro Tip: This form is intended to be used as an addendum to a state-specific Lease. Customize your State Lease online in minutes. Create Lease
This form is EZ to customize online in about 5 minutes!
- Utility Billing Notice: this form makes it EZ to send Tenants monthly utility bills.
- Excessive Utility Usage Notice/Bill: this form should be used when you notice excessive utility usage. This form can be used to notify Tenants of excessive usage or to bill them for the overage.
- Excessive Water Consumption Bill: this form should be used for Tenants with excessive water consumption. It serves as notice of excess consumption and to warn Tenants that additional fees may be imposed.
- Late Utility Payment - Demand for Payment: this form should be used if Tenants are late with monthly utility payments. It can serve as both a notice and a demand for payment.
Pro Tip: the best way to avoid Tenant headaches is with thorough Tenant Screening. This starts with a Rental Application and includes a credit report, criminal history background report, and eviction history.
Want to be a Pro?
We make it EZ to be a Pro Landlord with all the tools and forms you need for the entire Landlord Lifecycle.
- Rental Application and Tenant Screening
- State-specific Lease Agreements
- Over 450 Property Management Forms covering everything from Move-In to Move-Out