South Carolina 5 Day Demand for Rent
Pro Form: Create a Pro Account to access this form
Unless your lease specifies otherwise; a 5 Day Demand for Rent must be given to the tenant before the commencement of court proceedings.
Document Last Modified: 4/29/2023
Who: This notice is given to a tenant who fails or refuses to pay rent when due.
What: Unless otherwise specified within the lease; this notice is required prior to filing for an eviction.
When: Give this notice to your tenant(s) 5 days before filing for eviction.
Further info can be found at: http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t27c040.htm
South Carolina Rental Forms and Templates
While the Lease Agreement is the most important form that Landlords use, it’s only the first of many forms that Landlords need.
That’s why we offer forms for the entire Landlord Lifecycle - from Tenant Screening to move-out!
- Rental Application: Before signing a Lease Agreement, it’s vital to first screen Tenants. Screening should start with our FREE Rental Application and include a credit report, criminal history background report, eviction history report, and ResidentScore. See sample reports here.
- Tenant Welcome Letter: Customize this letter to make sure that renters have all the information they need about their new home on day 1.
- Move-In/Move-Out Walkthrough Checklist: This checklist makes it EZ to document property condition at move-in and move-out. Pro Tip: If you collect a security deposit, this form is essential.
- Rent Ledger: Our rent ledger makes it EZ for Landlords to track payments and document any missed payments.
- South Carolina 5-Day Demand for Rent: This form should be used with Tenants that are behind on rent. This is a necessary first step before filing for eviction.
- South Carolina Application for Ejectment: South Carolina Landlords should use this form to initiate eviction proceedings.
- South Carolina 14-Day Notice to Cure: Landlords should use this Notice for Lease violations other than non-payment of rent.
- South Carolina Eviction Pamphlet: This pamphlet outlines the requirements for a Landlord to evict a Tenant.
- South Carolina Landlord-Tenant Law Pamphlet: This resource outlines Landlord and Tenant rights in South Carolina and provides Landlords with a good overview of state Lease laws.
Need another form? We’ve got over 400 more!
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers