Seattle Information for Tenants - Renter's Handbook
Free Form: Create an account to access forms
Seattle Landlords are required to provide Tenants with this Handbook when a Lease is signed or renewed; annually for month-to-month Tenants; and when updates are made.
Document Last Modified: 11/1/2022
The Seattle Renter’s Handbook
The Seattle Renter’s Handbook is created by the city’s “Renting in Seattle” Program. It summarizes rental regulations and outlines the responsibilities of both Landlords and Tenants. The Handbook covers the entire rental cycle – from finding a unit to moving out – and discusses all relevant regulations of each stage.
In addition, it includes the Voter Registration Form, which is required by the Rental Agreement Ordinance. Finally, the Handbook offers tips and best practices to help build strong Landlord-Tenant relationships.
Seattle Landlords are required to provide Tenants with a copy of the Handbook:
- When a new Lease is signed. This initial copy must be a printed, hard copy.
- When a Lease is renewed. After an initial hard copy has been provided, future copies may be emailed.
- Annually, if the Tenant is on a month-to-month Lease.
- Any time updates are made to the handbook.
Download the current version of the Seattle Renter’s Handbook to provide to new or existing Tenants.
Seattle Rental Forms & Templates
Need another form? We have over 400 more!
Tools for the Entire Landlord Lifecycle
We have everything you need to get the most out of your Rental Unit.
- Rental Application & Tenant Screening
- State-specific Lease Agreements
- Property Management & Eviction Forms