Preventative Maintenance Checklist
Pro Form: Create a Pro Account to access this form
Landlords should use this preventative maintenance checklist to keep their property in good condition, improve Tenant satisfaction, & improve returns.
Document Last Modified: 6/7/2023
Staying on top of preventive maintenance is one of the best things Landlords can do to make their job easier and increase Tenant satisfaction. Being proactive about maintenance means fewer emergency repairs and inconveniences for Landlords and Tenants.
Critical areas of preventative maintenance include:
- Servicing AC and heating units;
- Inspecting and flushing water heaters;
- Removing debris from the yard and roof;
- Inspecting and repairing the roof;
- Inspecting and repairing caulking;
- Sealing any leaks or cracks;
- Inspecting and addressing any pest control issues.
But these are only a few of the tasks Landlords should be completing every year!
Our preventative maintenance checklist provides a thorough list of seasonal maintenance. Plus, it can be customized to meet the needs of each rental unit.
We recommend that Landlords print a copy of this checklist and complete all tasks every year.
Other Popular Property Management Forms
- Move-In/Move-Out Walkthrough Checklist: Use this form to document the condition of your rental unit at move-in and move-out.
- Appliance Inventory/Service Log: Use this form to keep an inventory of appliances in your rental unit, including the date of purchase, repair, and inspection.
- Tenant Feedback & Landlord Review: Have Tenants complete this quick survey annually to help you improve as a Landlord and increase Tenant retention.
Need another form? We have over 400 more!
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers