Information on Dampness and Mold for Renters in California
Free Form: Create an account to access forms
As of January 1, 2022, California Landlords are required to provide this informational booklet to Tenants before entering into a Lease Agreement.
Document Last Modified: 10/13/2022
Dampness and Mold Info for California Tenants
In accordance with the 2001 Toxic Mold Protection Act, California Landlords are required to provide all new Tenants with the Information on Dampness and Mold for Renters in California booklet. The booklet explains:
- The potential health risks that may result from exposure to mold.
- Signs of dampness and mold.
- Causes of dampness that can allow mold to grow.
- How to fix dampness and mold problems.
- How California renters and Landlords should deal with potential mold problems.
This informational booklet, provided by the California Department of Public Health, must be provided to all Tenants prior to entering into a Lease Agreement.
Other California Rental Forms and Templates
- California Residential Lease Agreement: Our CA Rental Contract complies with all California Lease laws and is EZ to customize online in minutes.
- California Notice of Pest Control Treatment: Landlords must provide Tenants with this Notice if the Landlord applies a pesticide at the property.
- California Flood Disclosure: If a rental unit is located in a flood hazard zone, if a mortgage holder requires the Landlord to have flood insurance, or if the Landlord carries flood insurance, Tenants must be provided with a California Flood Disclosure at the start of the Lease term.
- California AB 1482: The California Tenant Protection Act requires Landlords to provide Tenants with this document at the start of the tenancy.
- California Notification of Pre-Move Out Inspection: California Landlords must give Tenants written notice of their right to request and be present for a pre-move-out inspection.
Need another property management document? We have over 400 more!
All the Tools You Need to Be a Pro Landlord
- Rental Application & Tenant Screening
- State-specific Lease Agreements
- Property Management Forms
Join our community of Landlords today!