California Notice of Pest Control Treatment
California Landlords are required to give renters notice any time the Landlord uses pesticides to treat a rental unit. Ours is EZ to customize & download.
Document Last Modified: 5/9/2023
California Pesticide Laws
California Pest Control Companies are required to provide extensive disclosures any time they treat a property. When Landlords contract with professional pest control companies, Landlords are required to make sure that all Tenants receive these disclosures.
Similarly, if Landlords apply pesticides to a rental unit themselves, this treatment must be disclosed to Tenants in a Notice of Pest Control Treatment. According to California law,
- A pesticide is any substance that is intended to control, destroy, repel or attract a pest.
- A pest is any living organism that causes damage, or economic loss, or transmits or produces disease.
Before a Landlord can apply a pesticide to a rental unit, Tenants must be provided with a notice that includes:
- When the treatment will occur and how frequently the property will be treated.
- The type of pest or pests the treatment targets.
- The name and brand of the pesticide being used.
- Specific language from California about the risks associated with pesticides.
- Rental Application & Tenant Screening
- State-specific Lease Agreements
- Property Management Forms
- California Residential Lease Agreement: EZ to customize online in about 15 minutes and guaranteed to comply with all California Lease laws.
- California Water Meter Disclosure: Landlords that charge Tenants separately for water usage or that use a water submeter must provide Tenants with this disclosure.
- California Security Deposit Accounting Statement: Use this form to comply with all of California’s requirements for accounting for a security deposit.
- California Guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and Responsibilities: This booklet is a great resource for Landlords and makes it EZ to stay on top of all Landlord-Tenant laws.
- California 3-Day Notice to Pay or Quit: This form should be used if a Tenant is late with rent. It’s a necessary first step before initiating eviction proceedings.
Our California Notice of Pest Control Treatment complies with all California requirements and is EZ to customize entirely online. Follow user-friendly prompts to download your customized notice in minutes.
Forms & Tools for the Entire Landlord Lifecycle
We have everything Landlords need from when they start screening Applicants until a Tenant moves out.
Join our community of Landlords today to make it EZ to be a great California Landlord.
Become a Pro Member or Create a Free Account.
California Rental Forms and Templates
California has complex Lease laws, but we have all the forms Landlords need to make it EZ to understand and comply with them all.
Need another rental form? We have over 400 more!
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers