British Columbia Tenancy Agreement with ezSign
New with ezSign. Use our British Columbia Tenancy Agreement to comply with the stringent BC landlord-tenant regulations imposed on landlords and managers.
Document Last Modified: 5/21/2021
Uses Lease Builder
New with ezSign. In British Columbia, the law requires fixed term rentals of longer than 3 months to have a rental agreement. The law also makes many stipulations on the terms of that lease. Because of these specific regulations regarding your lease agreement, it is important to make sure it is done right. Using our Lease Builder Wizard, you can quickly and easily create a custom, legal tenancy agreement.
It’s essential to be knowledgeable about what is and is not allowed within your British Columbia lease agreement. We will share what you need to know about your lease via our BC Assist tips, located throughout our Lease Builder Wizard. For example, some fees, such as a late fee and returned check fee, are permitted; however, fees for processing, accepting, or investigating a rental application are not allowed. Our system will guide you through the process of customizing your document.
Nor do we stop with guiding you through BC rental regulations; we offer an extensive list of British Columbia rental resources as well.
With our help, the process of creating your British Columbia-specific lease can be efficient and painless. Your professional lease is just 7-steps away – using our Lease Builder Wizard to customize it for your needs.
A Great Lease makes a Great Landlord
▶ Watch the Great Lease Video
Video to Share with New Tenants
▶ Watch the Move in Video
British Columbia Lease Features
- New with ezSign
- British Columbia-Specific – we use the specific laws of your province to drive the creation of the lease
- BC Assist – you’ll see these legal guidelines right when you need them, as you make specific choices about your lease agreement
- Auto-Fill Technology – Type your information once, then creating additional forms for your tenant is quick and easy
- Lease Expiration Alerts – We can email you when your lease term is expiring for easy renewal or termination
- No Legalese – We cut out as much lawyer-speak as possible while still protecting you legally
- Complete Package – Our agreement includes your comprehensive lease, and much more; you can create and attach additional documents, disclosures, and addenda as well.
Our services provide lease agreements for Residential, Condo, House, Home, Trailer, Apartment, Townhome, Housing, Real Estate, Duplex, Buildings, and many more!
Rental Package Documents
You can add required disclosures or desired addenda with a click of the mouse. Here are just a few of the additional documents we offer:
- British Columbia Rental Condition Inspection Report (Form RTB-27)
- British Columbia Landlord-Tenant Pamphlet
- Tenant Pet Policy Rules
- Smoke-Free Property Policy
- Live-In Healthcare Worker Addendum
- Renter Receipt of Keys
- Care Instructions for Residential Septic System
- Fire Safety Detectors Disclosure
Rules & Regulations
Peruse our list of expectations for the rental agreement and select those you want to add to your finished document. Just some of the dozens of rules and regulations available are:
- The Tenant will be responsible for any fine and/or violation that is imposed on the Landlord due to the Tenant’s Negligence.
- The Tenant must report any malfunction with smoke detector(s) immediately to Landlord. The Tenant agrees not to remove, dismantle or take any action to interfere with the operation of any smoke detector(s) installed on the Leased Premises.
- Late fees are serious and tenant is help liable for any penalties that the landlord incurs because of lateness.
- Under no circumstance may a stove, oven or range be used as a source for heat.
- Absolutely no hazardous materials are permitted to be in or around the Leased Premises at any time.
- Charcoal and Gas Barbecue grills may not be used inside the Leased Premises.
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers