Maryland Lead Poisoning Prevention- Notice of Tenants' Rights
Free Form: Create an account to access forms
At the beginning of a tenancy, landlords must provide tenants of Maryland rental units, with the MD pamphlet “Notice of Tenants’ Rights”.
Document Last Modified: 4/5/2023
Renting and managing residential rental homes comes with many responsibilities including the duty to inform tenants of the potential hazards and dangers certain homes may pose to their health and safety. Some of this information is required by Federal government while other such information is required by local governments. One such required form is the Maryland Lead Poisoning Prevention- Notice of Tenant’s Rights.
Lead poisoning can be very scary especially if you are not informed of all of the symptoms and causes. If your Maryland rental property was built before 1950, then the Maryland Lease Poisoning Prevention - Notice of Tenant’s Rights document is a required form that must be given to each tenant in the beginning of a tenancy.
At the beginning of a new tenancy, the owner must give each tenant the Marylands Department of the Environment pamphlet, “Notice of Tenants’ Rights.” Every 2 years thereafter, new notices and packets must be delivered to all long term tenants. Notices and packets have to be provided in a confirmable manner, such as by certified mail. This form explains that the dwelling must be inspected by a Maryland Department of Environment accredited inspector.
To use this form, simply click the DOWNLOAD/PRINT button to Download and print this document.
The form lists the the other required forms like the Lead Based Paint Disclosure and a copy of the lease inspection certificate. The document informs you of everything you need to know before renting out your property that was built before 1950.
This informational document contains vital information for both the landlord and tenant about the process and procedures that must be taken. Tenants are also provided with an 800 number to call if more information is sought.
More information may be found at: Maryland Lead Paint Laws
Maryland Rental Forms and Templates
- Maryland Lease Agreement Package: This state-specific Lease can be customized to fit your property and includes MD laws.
- Maryland Security Deposit Receipt: Any time a Landlord collects a security deposit from a Tenant, they must provide them with a Maryland-specific security deposit receipt.
- Rent Ledger: This is a great way to keep up with Rent Payments and to maintain thorough documentation of all payments.
- Maryland Notice to Vacate: This Notice to Vacate alerts occupants that the Landlord plans to retake possession of the property due to Lease violations.
- Montgomery County Notice to Vacate for Cause: This notice is for Landlords in Montgomery County that plan to retake possession because of uncured Lease violations.
- Baltimore Eviction Procedures for Landlords and Tenants: Evictions are complicated. This resource guides Baltimore Landlords through each step of the eviction process.
- Maryland Sample Failure to Pay Rent/Landlord’s Complaint for Repossession of Rented Property: This is a sample filing that Maryland Landlords can use to start eviction proceedings. It can only be used after Landlords have given proper notice.