California AB 1482 Rent Control & Eviction Exemption Form
California Landlords must provide Tenants with this Notice of Exemption if their property is exempt from the requirements of California AB 1482.
Document Last Modified: 2/16/2023
Exemptions from California AB 1482
California AB 1482 provides limits on rent increases and requires a statement of cause in evictions. However, rental units that were built within the last 15 years or single-family homes meeting certain requirements are exempt from AB 1482.
More specifically, single-family homes or condos are exempt from AB 1482 if:
- The owner is not a real estate investment trust, a corporation, or a limited liability company in which at least one member is a corporation; AND
- The owner provides the Tenant with written notice of the exemption.
If your property falls into this category, you MUST provide Tenants with a Notice of Exemption in order to be exempt from the requirements of AB 1482.
California Rental Forms & Templates
- California Residential Lease Agreement: Our CA Lease is guaranteed to comply with all of California’s complex Lease laws. Create and customize it entirely online in about 15 minutes!
- California AB 1482: The California Tenant Protection Act requires Landlords to provide Tenants with this document unless the property was built in the last 15 years, is a single-family home meeting the requirements outlined above, or is a duplex where the owner lives on one side.
- California Flood Disclosure: Use this form to comply with statewide flood disclosure requirements.
- California Water Meter Disclosure: CA Landlords that charge Tenants separately for water or that use water submeters must provide Tenants with this notice.
- California Guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and Responsibilities: This booklet outlines Landlord and Tenant Laws in California.
Need another form? We have over 400 property management forms in our library.
Let Us Make Landlording EZ for You.
- Rental Application & Tenant Screening Services
- State-specific Lease Agreements
- Property Management forms for the entire Landlord Lifecycle
Join Our Community Today
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers