Alberta Rental Lease Agreement with ezSign
New with ezSign. Use this Alberta Rental Lease Agreement to comply with Alberta's strict landlord-tenant regulations, including required addenda.
Document Last Modified: 2/18/2020
Uses Lease Builder
To make sure your investment is protected in Alberta, certain procedures must be followed. For example, Alberta landlords must perform an inspection using an Alberta Walk-Through Checklist within one week of move-in and move-out. Using our Lease Builder Wizard you can attach this required form to your document. This is just one of the many ways that we provide province-specific resources and information in our Leases.
When creating your Alberta lease, all you need to do is make decisions and fill in your selections. We take care of crafting your final document in landlord-friendly terms. Our system will also alert you to any restrictions that apply to Landlord-Tenant statutes. You’ll be led through the whole process by our Lease Builder Wizard.
When you're finished creating your lease, feel free to review our other Alberta rental resources as well!
Alberta Lease Features
- New with ezSign
- Alberta Specific – Province law is used to craft the contents of your lease
- 7 “EZ” Steps – Our Lease Builder Wizard breaks the lease creation process into easy-to-manage segments, such as Security Deposit & Fees, Maintenance & Repairs, and Rules & Regulations. Just complete your information, and we’ll compile your final, legal lease agreement.
- Customizable – Several areas of the lease allow you to insert unlimited text, including Special Terms and Conditions, for all your unique terms
- Lease Ending Alerts – Let us email you when your lease is nearing its ending date for easy renewal or termination
- AB Assist – We will explain AB laws as you need them, while creating your rental lease
- Complete AB Rental Agreement Package - A legal contract alone is usually not all that's required of AB landlords. So we compiled all of the addenda, disclosures and informational documents you will need to protect yourself and your investment property.
Rental Package Documents
Add custom disclosures, notices, and addenda to your lease agreement; there are dozens of documents, including Alberta-specific documents, to choose from, including:
- Alberta Rental Walkthrough Checklist – Mandatory within one week of move-in and move-out dates
- Alberta Safer Communities & Neighborhoods Act
- Live-In Caregiver Addendum
- Tenant Pet Rules Addendum
- Receipt of Keys
- Smoke-Free Rental Property Policy
- Maintenance Instructions for Residential Septic System
- Fire Safety Devices Disclosure
Rules & Regulations
We provide landlord-friendly regulations for you to add to your lease agreement. You can choose as many or as few as you like, including the following and many more:
- The Tenant will be responsible for any fine and/or violation that is imposed on the Landlord due to the Tenant’s Negligence.
- The Tenant must maintain Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Detectors and report any faulty device.
- Late fees are serious and tenant is help liable for any penalties that the landlord incurs because of lateness.
- Under no circumstance may a stove, oven or range be used as a source for heat.
- Absolutely no hazardous materials are permitted to be in or around the Leased Premises at any time.
- The Tenant may not Kerosene heaters at any time in or around the Rental Unit.
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
No Recurring Billing
No automatic charges or monthly billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers