Alaska Summons Forcible Entry & Detainer
The Alaska Summons, along with the Complaint for Forcible Entry & Detainer, must be served to the Tenant to properly initiate eviction proceedings.
Document Last Modified: 11/16/2022
Alaska Eviction Procedures: Issuing the Summons
After a Landlord has filed a Complaint for Forcible Entry and Detainer, that Complaint and a Summons must be served to the Tenant at least two days before the eviction hearing. The Summons must:
- Provide the Tenant with the date and time of the eviction hearing; and
- Advise the Tenant that a written answer to the Complaint must be filed within 20 days of when the Complaint was served.
Alaska law provides that the Summons may be served by a process server or a peace officer (See Alaska Civil Rule 4).
Issuing the Summons is a required step in eviction proceedings, and it’s vital that Landlords properly issue the Summons to ensure that their case moves forward and is successful.
Alaska Rental Forms & Templates
- Alaska Residential Lease Agreement: EZ to create and customize entirely online in minutes and guaranteed to comply with all Alaska Lease laws.
- Alaska Landlord-Tenant Act & Pamphlet: Use this resource to become familiar with important Alaska Lease laws.
- Alaska 7-Day Notice to Quit for Non-Payment of Rent: Landlords should use this Notice when Tenants have unpaid rent. It’s a necessary first step in the eviction process.
- Alaska 10-Day Notice to Cure or Vacate: Use this Notice for Lease violations other than nonpayment of rent. It’s a necessary first step in the eviction process.
- Alaska Forcible Entry and Detainer Complaint: This is the court document that Landlords must file to initiate eviction proceedings.
- Alaska Process Server Instructions CIV-615: Use this document to provide the Process Server with necessary instructions to properly serve your Tenant(s).
Need another form? We have over 400 rental forms for Landlords.
Tools & Forms for the Entire Landlord Lifecycle
Make Landlording EZ and get the most out of your rental property with the right forms and resources.
- Rental Applications & Tenant Screening
- State-specific Lease Agreements
- Property Management Forms for the Entire Landlord Lifecycle
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers