Alaska 7-Day Notice to Quit: Termination of Tenancy for Nonpayment of Rent
This Notice to Quit gives Tenants 7 days to either pay rent or vacate the property. It’s a necessary first step before initiating eviction proceedings.
Document Last Modified: 12/13/2022
Alaska 7-Day Notice to Quit for Nonpayment of Rent
In Alaska, when a Tenant has unpaid rent, Landlords must provide the Tenant with a 7-Day Notice to Quit. This form should state:
- How much rent is due;
- When rent must be paid; and
- That the Tenant has a choice to either pay the rent or move out within 7 days.
Alaska law provides that the Notice must be:
- Sent by registered or certified mail with a return receipt;
- Hand-delivered to the Tenant; or
- Left at the premises if the Tenant is not there.
If the Tenant does not pay the outstanding rent or move out within 7 days, the Landlord may initiate eviction proceedings. It’s vital that Landlords comply with all requirements to avoid slowing down the eviction process or losing an eviction case.
Alaska Rental Forms & Templates
- Alaska Residential Lease Agreement: Create and customize a complete Alaska Lease Package entirely online in less than 15 minutes.
- Alaska 10-Day Notice to Cure or Vacate: This Notice should be used for Lease violations other than nonpayment of rent.
- Alaska Forcible Entry & Detainer Complaint: Alaska Landlords use this document to initiate eviction proceedings.
- Alaska Landlord-Tenant Act & Pamphlet: This resource provides Landlords with a helpful overview of the state’s Lease laws.
Need another form? Search Our Library of over 400 Landlord forms!
Join Our Community of Pro Landlords
We make it EZ for Landlords to get the most out of their rental properties.
- Rental Applications & Tenant Screening
- State-specific Lease Agreements
- Property Management forms for the entire Landlord Lifecycle
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers