SK Form 9: Application for Claim with the ORT under the Residential Tenancies Act

5 Stars

The form is the first step in filing a dispute with the Office of Residential Tenancies.

Document Last Modified: 1/21/2020

Document Features


When To Use The SK Form 9: Application For Claim with the ORT under the Residential Tenancies Act

The Saskatchewan government provides both tenants and landlords with the opportunity to file to the Office of Residential Tenancies whenever there is an issue that needs to be resolved.

This form can be filed by either the tenant or the landlord and is essentially a request for a hearing to be scheduled. It is the first step to having the Office of Residential Tenancies solve a dispute for the landlord or tenant.

    Some examples of disputes are:
  • Excessive noise coming from the property,
  • Repeated complaints from neighbors,
  • Late payment of rent,
  • Breaches of the original tenancy agreement,
  • Additional persons residing in the property that are not authorized by the lease agreement.

This application is not limited to these specific disputes and anything that the landlord cannot solve with the tenant directly is a reason to file this form.

Before Filing

It is very important that before filing the landlord does everything possible to solve this issue directly with the tenant. The court is much more likely to rule in the favor of the landlord if he or she has shown that reasonable steps have been taken to keep the dispute from ever entering a courtroom.

On the reverse side, landlords should never take the law into their own hands. Attempts at coercion, forced-evictions and any other forms of threat will cause huge problems for the landlord in question.

The Time Scale

Most hearings will be scheduled for around 30 to 45 days from the date that this application is presented to the Office of Residential Tenancies. Once the landlord files this application they will receive a hearing notice that will stipulate the location time and date of the hearing.

Additional Advice

Landlords can find lots of extra information on the process at the site of the Office of Residential Tenancies and also using this Practice Directive.

In addition to this document, landlord’s can visit the province of Saskatchewan’s site at:

Our experts are also always available to offer their services. Whether a guide is needed or just a few extra tips please do not hesitate to contact us directly. For some more general information landlord’s can visit:

Other Documents

Why ezLandlordForms?

#1 Rated Lease Agreement

9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews

No Recurring Billing

No automatic charges or monthly billing

State Assist

So you know you're complying with state laws

Full Support

Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!

Unlimited Access

Edit & print any of our forms with pro access

Satisfaction Guarantee

Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers


Call us: 1-877-367-6771
We are available 7 days a week to answer your
questions and to receive your feedback

ezLandlordForms products and services are reviewed and approved by attorneys, accountants, fellow landlords, or industry experts.

ezLandlordForms is not a law firm and our products and services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.

Copyright © 2006-2018, ezLandlordForms LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | ezLandlordForms Affiliate Program

Version: 1.544.0