Ontario Rental Lease Agreement with ezSign
New with ezSign!!! Ontario has extremely strict landlord-tenant regulations, but our lease wizard will explain them as you create an Ontario lease agreement.
Document Last Modified: 5/21/2021
Uses Lease Builder
New with ezSign!!! In Ontario, the legal requirements and restrictions on lease agreements are numerous. Our Ontario lease agreement is updated to stay current with the latest rules and regulations. When you complete our lease agreement, you will create a customized, legal agreement to cover you as a landlord.
Did you know that landlords may not charge late fees in Ontario leases? Or that any clauses prohibiting pets are not allowed in Ontario lease agreements? Or what about this one: when a lease term has ended, if it has not been terminated or renewed, the lease will automatically renew according to ON landlord-tenant law.
It’s important to keep these, and many other restrictions, in mind when creating an Ontario lease agreement. That’s why we have created Ontario Assist. These helpful tips and reminders appear throughout the Lease Builder Wizard, to be sure you know the most recent Ontario laws while you are completing your lease.
But we don't stop there either; we have a wide range of Ontario rental resources for landlords, property managers and real estate investors, which you're welcome to peruse at your leisure.
A Great Lease makes a Great Landlord
▶ Watch the Great Lease Video
Video to Share with New Tenants
▶ Watch the Move in Video
Ontario Lease Agreement Features
- New with ezSign!!!
- Ontario-Specific – Includes all language, addenda, and disclosures required by Ontario law
- Ontario Province Assist – Our green Ontario Assist bubbles tell you what you need to know to make informed choices about your lease agreement
- No Law Degree Required – Customizing and completing your lease is as easy as making selections and filling in specifics in our Lease Builder Wizard, while we make sure the final document protects you and your investment
- Email it and Track it – When you email your lease through our system, it will display the date and time the document was last viewed by the recipient
- Contact information is retained – enter information for yourself, your agent, your property, and your tenant only once, and it is available to drop into any auto-fill documents in our forms library
- Complete ON Lease Package – To help you effectively manage your rental investments, we compile your lease information into a full package with all the addenda, disclosures and informational documents you choose to include (some of which can be legally-required). Our system creates a single PDF file that you can email, print or fax.
- Free to Create and Preview – be sure you like your custom Ontario-specific lease agreement before you purchase
Our services provide lease agreements for Residential, Condo, House, Home, Trailer, Apartment, Townhome, Housing, Real Estate, Duplex, Buildings, and many more!
Ontario Rental Package Documents
You can further customize your Ontario Lease Agreement is by selecting your own disclosures, notices, and addenda from nearly 40 available documents, including:
- Ontario Information for New Tenants – required with all Ontario leases
- Move-In Property Condition Statement
- Zero Tolerance for Tenant Criminal Activity
- Rental Pet Policies
- Smoke Free Property Addendum
- Tenant Option to Purchase Property
- Any of our Rental Addenda, Disclosures, and Informational Pamphlets
- Optional rental package cover page & custom-generated Table of Contents
Rules & Regulations
Add as many of our regulations to your document as you like – just select your rules, and we’ll add them to your finished, professional document, including:
- The Tenant agrees not to use the Leased Premises for any unlawful purpose including but not limited to the sale, use or possession of illegal drugs on or around the Leased Premises.
- The Charcoal and Gas Barbecue grills may not be used or stored on any common areas, balconies, decks, patios, porches, and/or landings or entrance ways.
- The Tenant will be responsible for any fine and/or violation that is imposed on the Landlord due to the Tenant’s negligence.
- The Tenant may not use or store Kerosene or space heaters at any time in or around the Leased Premises.
- Absolutely no hazardous materials are permitted to be in or around the Leased Premises at any time.
- The Tenant may not store or park a recreational vehicle, commercial vehicle, or watercraft on Leased Premises without Landlords written permission.
A Tale of Three Cities: Real Estate Volatility in Largest Canadian CitiesView Article >
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers