Month-to-Month Lease Termination Letter
Generally, Landlords must provide written notice to end a month-to-month Lease Agreement. This customizable Termination Letter makes it EZ for Landlords to comply with notice requirements and to provide Tenants with important Lease Termination information.
Document Last Modified: 5/26/2022
Pro Tip: Always have a thorough Lease Agreement in place that clearly outlines the requirements for either the Landlord or Tenant to end the Lease Agreement. Need a better Lease? Create a great one in about 15 minutes!
If you have a month-to-month Lease Agreement in place, it probably automatically renews every month. This means that to end the Lease Agreement, you’ll need to provide Tenants with adequate Notice.
Usually, Notice needs to be in writing and given at least 30 days before the Lease ends. However, it’s vital to check the language of your Lease Agreement and state laws to ensure that you provide adequate Notice.
Our customizable Month-to-Month Lease Termination Letter provides Tenants with
- The Lease termination date
- The amount of Notice that the Landlord is giving the Tenant
- Where refundable deposits will be sent
- Details regarding the move-out inspection
- Tenant’s responsibilities, including removing personal property and turning off utilities
Customize this letter in about 5 minutes!
Need Other Landlord Forms?
We’ve got everything Landlords need for the entire Landlord Lifecycle.
- Rental Application: If you’re looking for a new Tenant, start with a Rental Application. This is a vital first step in the Screening Process.
- State-Specific Lease Agreement: A thorough state-specific Lease Agreement helps Landlords ensure that they’re complying with all state Lease laws and that they’re protected should any problems arise with the Tenant.
- Month-to-Month Lease Agreement: Make sure that your month-to-month Lease Agreement provides clear terms for renewal and termination and that it complies with all state Lease laws.
- State-Specific Eviction Forms: If the Tenant violates Lease terms or fails to leave by the Lease termination date, you’ll need to begin the eviction process. This starts with providing Tenants with adequate Notice. We have the forms you need to make this process as EZ as possible.
Need a different form? Don’t worry - we have over 450 forms to help Landlords manage their rental property.
Ready to Be a Pro Landlord
Join our community of Pro Landlords to get access to our state-specific Leases, electronic signing tool, and complete library of forms.
#1 Rated Lease Agreement
9.3 TrustPilot Rating, with 3,384 Reviews
Choose one-time or subscription billing
So you know you're complying with state laws
Phone, live chat, or email... try us now!
Edit & print any of our forms with pro access
Trusted by over 2.3 million landlords & property managers