Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / General Property Management / What purchase amount is good 4 a LL
Hi prosperous people. I am new and excited having read several forums and LL investing books & about to make 1st investment. Math is not my best quality however, I do understand cash flow and net operating cost etc but I do not know what purchase price to invest in a property according to rents & expenses. I would like a formula where I could input the numbers and come up with the maximum purchase amount in relation to rents and expenses to make profit. Sorry I know I should be able to gather this information from what I read but I need it spelled out in simple language Thanks, good karma
good k, GA on Wednesday, April 2, 2008
RE: What purchase amount is good 4 a LL
Some landlords use the 1% rule. Which means that if you pay $100,000 for a property you should receive $1,000 in rent. I think that is a good basic formula to go by. I use the formula on this site under resources. With this formula you can compare several properties price/rent and find out which one provides the best return.
Posted by Kevin K, FL on Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Documents related to this forum

Rent Receipt

Property Management Agreement (for Landlords)

Lease Renewal Agreement

Direct Deposit Billing Authorization

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Jacob W, WI
Updated: 06/24/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Harold P, MO
Updated: 12/15/2021
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Jared B, UT
Updated: 11/09/2015
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Troy D, WA
Updated: 12/09/2014
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Scott H, IA
Updated: 02/11/2012
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Recent Customers Answer "Why ezLandlordForms?"

Great Resources for Landlords
"Awesome, comprehensive service for Lanlords."
-Daisy Davis
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Easy to use!
"This is for test."
-KarenShan
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
go digital
"would like to have the ability to email a copy to tenant."
-Gerard Gonzalez
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
Fast and easy to use!
"Step by step guide makes sure that you don't forget anything that may pertain to your property."
-Adrian Talamantes
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
easy to use
"never have had a issue making out my lease with the directions great"
-Marcia
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Fantastic resource!!
"ezLandlordforms.com is a lifesaver!! I would recommend it anyone!!"
-Traci Kolheim
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program