State-Specific Legal Forms Landlords Trust
Contact Us

Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / General Property Management / month to month lease/rent increase
my tenant has been here for 1 yr with a new york state, month to month lease. I have terminated her lease and decide not to renew..i gave 60 dys notice in advance of the effective date..she indicates she is not moving when the date comes...i sent her a notice of increasing her rent on the day her lease becomes terminated...if she continues to stay am i to assume she agrees to pay this new rent and should i give her another month to month lease with the new rent indicated?
Carolyn M, NY on Tuesday, March 30, 2010
RE: month to month lease/rent increase
I am confused. You first were NOT going to renew her lease thereby giving her 60 days notice of such. You then changed your mind and wanted to increase the rent instead?? If you and her are in agreement to the new terms of the rental lease; then I would have her sign a month to month lease with the new conditions.
Posted by Donna , NC on Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Once you notify her that her rent is increase effective on a certain date.. since there is no lease... she must pay that amount or move out before the increase takes effect. No lease means that you can raise the rent (with 30 days notice) every month if you like. I did that once to get out a tenant I didn't want. The first month of the increase, she paid the same old amount. I sent her a 3 day notice to pay or be evicted. She complained that she never agreed to the new amount. I pointed out to her that she had no lease and if she didn't like the new amount she can vote with her feet. She paid the new amount. SO.. I right away sent he another notice of another rent increase. She moved.
Posted by Deb S, NY on Tuesday, April 20, 2010
how is the rent increase be given? do they have to sign that they received notice once notice is given or hand deliverd be good enough?
Posted by Steven R, NY on Tuesday, April 20, 2010
hand delivery is enough
Posted by Cindy H, NY on Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Documents related to this forum

Rent Receipt

Property Management Agreement (for Landlords)

Lease Renewal Agreement

Direct Deposit Billing Authorization

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Jacob W, WI
Updated: 04/12/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Aaron R, NY
Updated: 06/06/2012
Author: Thomas T, MA
Updated: 01/03/2012
Author: John h, NC
Updated: 09/21/2015
Author: Scott W, VA
Updated: 03/30/2014

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!

Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info
Watch our fun video about ez Landlord Forms: 'Kevin & the Lease Builder Wizard'

Feature Spotlight: Lease Packages

In most states, a simple lease is not enough to fulfill all applicable legal requirements. Our system not only alerts you to the additional documents that are needed in your state, but it also allows you to add these documents to your lease. Simply make your selection from various addenda, disclosures and from an array of other helpful forms to make sure your lease package is complete.
Contact US - Live Assistance Avialable
Contact Us! Live Assistance Available
Call us with questions or comments
1-877-367-6771 Call us with questions or comments
Fox Business Logo CBS Radio Logo msnbc Logo The Wall Street Journal - WSJ - Logo CNN Money Logo
Carbon Free - CarbonFund.org Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report. website security
ez Landlord Forms products and services are reviewed and approved by attorneys, accountants, fellow landlords, or industry experts.
ez Landlord Forms is not a law firm and our products and services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
Copyright © 2006-2016, ezLandlordForms LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | ezLandlordForms Affiliate Program