Landlord Question and Answer Forum

I am renting my home for the first time and found a couple that viewed my home and want to rent it. I am using a company to do a full background and credit check at the couples expense. I sent them the Tenant Screening Application. What I see is they are both on social security disability and the husband gets LTD from his former employer. They owned 2 homes and forclosed on one in 1/2009. They just filed bankruptcy on the second home in 12/2009 and have not appeared before the judge yet so it is still pending. Based on the proof of income, they can afford the rent, but can their pending bankruptcy have any affect on receiving rent from them in a timely matter with a 12-month Term lease. Should I have them sign a month-to-month Rental Agreement for awhile until I see that they will and can pay rent on time, just in case I have to evict for Non-Payment/Default of rent.
Denise F, NV on Wednesday, March 17, 2010
RE: New Landlord
Hi Denise, You're better off losing 1 month rent vs losing 3-6 months because tenant didn't pay the rent and it took you that long to take possession of the property. Since you’re new at this, consider hiring an agency to find you a qualified tenant. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Posted by Stan M, CA on Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Documents related to this forum

Rent Receipt

Property Management Agreement (for Landlords)

Lease Renewal Agreement

Direct Deposit Billing Authorization

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Jacob W, WI
Updated: 06/24/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Harold P, MO
Updated: 12/15/2021
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Jared B, UT
Updated: 11/09/2015
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Troy D, WA
Updated: 12/09/2014
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Scott H, IA
Updated: 02/11/2012
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Recent Customers Answer "Why ezLandlordForms?"

Great Resources for Landlords
"Awesome, comprehensive service for Lanlords."
-Daisy Davis
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Easy to use!
"This is for test."
-KarenShan
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
go digital
"would like to have the ability to email a copy to tenant."
-Gerard Gonzalez
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
Fast and easy to use!
"Step by step guide makes sure that you don't forget anything that may pertain to your property."
-Adrian Talamantes
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
easy to use
"never have had a issue making out my lease with the directions great"
-Marcia
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Fantastic resource!!
"ezLandlordforms.com is a lifesaver!! I would recommend it anyone!!"
-Traci Kolheim
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program