Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / General Property Management / Renter Gets Own Appliance - Options for Landlord?
Hello all. I have a single family rental home that includes all appliances (except the microwave). My current tenant has recently received a gift of a new washing machine, and asked me where to have the old one delivered for storage. I'm unsure of what options are available and wanted some feedback from anyone who's experienced. From what I understand, I could do any variation of the following: - Store the machine at my own house (except that I don't have the room) - Sell the machine (if I can, worried that it's a hard sell without a dryer, and it's old enough that I'd expect $80-120) - Store the machine at a storage unit (charge to renter, to which they likely won't agree as it's coming out to $88/month, plus tax) - Recycle the machine (maybe I can get a donation deduction, but then write it off on my assets for the property - trouble with this option is that if the renter changes, then I likely either need to find a new renter with their own W/D or replace the W...and maybe the D too) Of course, I will be updating my lease to show that the renter is responsible for their appliance and it must be removed upon move out. Any thoughts/preferences? Many thanks ahead of time!
Brenda S, on Wednesday, October 13, 2021
RE: Renter Gets Own Appliance - Options for Landlord?
Tell the tenant that they would have to cover storage fees.
Posted by Matthew M, IL on Tuesday, October 26, 2021
See more CA Lease resources
Documents related to this forum

Rent Receipt

Property Management Agreement (for Landlords)

Lease Renewal Agreement

Direct Deposit Billing Authorization

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Jacob W, WI
Updated: 06/24/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Harold P, MO
Updated: 12/15/2021
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Jared B, UT
Updated: 11/09/2015
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Troy D, WA
Updated: 12/09/2014
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Scott H, IA
Updated: 02/11/2012
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Recent Customers Answer "Why ezLandlordForms?"

Great Resources for Landlords
"Awesome, comprehensive service for Lanlords."
-Daisy Davis
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Easy to use!
"This is for test."
-KarenShan
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
go digital
"would like to have the ability to email a copy to tenant."
-Gerard Gonzalez
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
Fast and easy to use!
"Step by step guide makes sure that you don't forget anything that may pertain to your property."
-Adrian Talamantes
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
easy to use
"never have had a issue making out my lease with the directions great"
-Marcia
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Fantastic resource!!
"ezLandlordforms.com is a lifesaver!! I would recommend it anyone!!"
-Traci Kolheim
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program