Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / General Property Management / Efficiency/Studios Occupency
Some of the buildings I manage have efficiencies and studios. I manage in the state of Florida. I have been leary of renting to prospective tenants that are a couple with children because I believe that an efficiency or a small studio is not adequate space for 2 adults and a child. Now I am being harrassed verbally saying that I am opposed to renting to children which is not the case. I am just trying to do what is right with the space I have available and I do not want Department of Children and Families to come back on me for renting a unit too small for a family. Can someone give me the facts in Florida???
Janet K, FL on Saturday, August 4, 2007
RE: Efficiency/Studios Occupency
It is a very good question and I will be anxious to hear the answer. I am sorry I am not in Florida. One idea is to call your local Code Enforcement or building code department, and get information from them on square footage per person. Here in our part of Pennsylvania, some muncipalities have guidelines on number of people and square footage. This could bolster your idea that the unit is just too small for three people, and it has nothing to do with a child! Good luck.
Posted by James P, PA on Wednesday, August 8, 2007
RE: Efficiency/Studios Occupency
James, Thank you so much. Great Advice and I just happen to have a business card from a local Code Enforcement Officer. I will share what information I am given within this forum for others to view. Again Thank you for your reply. All is appreciated.
Posted by Janet K, FL on Sunday, August 12, 2007
Documents related to this forum

Rent Receipt

Property Management Agreement (for Landlords)

Lease Renewal Agreement

Direct Deposit Billing Authorization

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Jacob W, WI
Updated: 06/24/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Harold P, MO
Updated: 12/15/2021
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Jared B, UT
Updated: 11/09/2015
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Troy D, WA
Updated: 12/09/2014
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Scott H, IA
Updated: 02/11/2012
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Recent Customers Answer "Why ezLandlordForms?"

Great Resources for Landlords
"Awesome, comprehensive service for Lanlords."
-Daisy Davis
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Easy to use!
"This is for test."
-KarenShan
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
go digital
"would like to have the ability to email a copy to tenant."
-Gerard Gonzalez
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
Fast and easy to use!
"Step by step guide makes sure that you don't forget anything that may pertain to your property."
-Adrian Talamantes
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
easy to use
"never have had a issue making out my lease with the directions great"
-Marcia
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Fantastic resource!!
"ezLandlordforms.com is a lifesaver!! I would recommend it anyone!!"
-Traci Kolheim
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program