Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / General Property Management / Upgrades to a rental property by tenant
I have a tenant who wishes to have ceiling fans installed. He will pay to the purchase and installation. I don't necessarily have a problem with this. I told him that I need to approve the style of fan and make sure he has someone do the install who knows what they are doing. I also advised that the fans would stay with the property when he moves out. Have you allowed something like this? If so, what are the pros and cons?
Christian S, VA on Saturday, November 16, 2013
RE: Upgrades to a rental property by tenant
I've never allowed something like this before. I would recommend creating some type of contract including all of the specifications. I've seen it go wrong in situations similar to this, so make sure you get everything in writing with both your and the tenants signatures. I would include the contractors information on the form as well.
Posted by Irene S, KY on Wednesday, December 11, 2013
RE: Upgrades to a rental property by tenant
Good Luck! :)
Posted by Irene S, KY on Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Documents related to this forum

Rent Receipt

Property Management Agreement (for Landlords)

Lease Renewal Agreement

Direct Deposit Billing Authorization

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Jacob W, WI
Updated: 06/24/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Harold P, MO
Updated: 12/15/2021
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Jared B, UT
Updated: 11/09/2015
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Troy D, WA
Updated: 12/09/2014
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Scott H, IA
Updated: 02/11/2012
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Buzz About ezLandlordForms

ActiveRain Logo  says:
"very robust and user friendly"
— Brad Andsersohn, Community Builder

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program