Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Tenant Screening/Advertising / Potential Tenant
Hi All!! I'm a new landlord and I have finally ran my first background check. I used the one provided by this site. The data I got back wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I expected. The potential tenant didn't disclose their last place of residency. According to the check, she lived their last month. Is the check wrong or inaccurate? Or should I assume that the potential tenant got evicted, or didn't pay rent?
JASON L, CA on Tuesday, December 13, 2011
RE: Potential Tenant
Please contact Safe Rent as soon as you can so that they can explain this to you.
Posted by Website Moderator , AL on Thursday, December 22, 2011
RE: Potential Tenant
Possibly, the tenant may not have disclosed that information.
Posted by Nick H, MN on Wednesday, June 13, 2012
RE: Potential Tenant
LOL that's why we do background checks, to figure out all the little secrets that potential tenants are keeping, as well as confirming that what they tell us is the truth. I always find it funny when people lie on their application rental form when I have in clear black writing that I run all credit checks through http://www.tenantverification.com/. Its possible that your renter has a legit reason for not adding it. I would suggest speaking to the renter about it. I've seen similar things before. Ask and if they have no reasonable answer and won't let you contact the landlord then I would move on. I did have a tenant who didn't bother listing their last place of residency because she was only there for 3 months and the place was closed for violations and the owner declared bankruptcy and she had no phone number or contact information.
Posted by Kristin W, FL on Thursday, June 21, 2012
Documents related to this forum

Free Rental Application (Handwrite-In)

Rental History Inquiry

Employment Verification

Rental Application Approval

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Elizabeth G, TX
Updated: 04/03/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Rhonda D, PA
Updated: 04/07/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Jason D, FL
Updated: 12/27/2011
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: PASunrise P, NJ
Updated: 04/03/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Michae&Megan B, IL
Updated: 04/18/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Feature Spotlight: Why do I need A Lease Package?

Those basic leases you can find in office supply stores or buy from online vendors can look appealingly cheap and easy, but chances are, they don't meet all of the legal requirements for binding leases in your state. If you entrust your rental unit to a stand-alone lease, you may not be fully protected, especially if you wind up in court with your tenant over a contract dispute.

By using our exclusive Lease-Builder Wizard with State Assist, you'll get unmatched convenience, peace of mind, and protection for not much more than other sites charge for a generic lease.

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program