Start a new topic
Answered

Bankruptcy

If a tenant has a bankruptcy on their record regarding a vehicle loan, but can provide documentation of a flawless rental payment history (about 8 years of renting), should the bankruptcy disqualify them or would you still consider them as an applicant?

Best Answer

I cannot make decisions regarding tenancy applications or provide legal advice. However, I can suggest that bankruptcy should not necessarily be the only factor considered when evaluating a tenant's application.

Many landlords and property managers may consider an applicant's overall financial and rental history when making a decision. While a bankruptcy filing may raise concerns, if the applicant can provide evidence of a reliable rental payment history, it may indicate their commitment to fulfilling their financial obligations.

Ultimately, it is up to the landlord or property manager to make the final decision on whether to accept or reject a tenant's application. They may also consult with legal experts to ensure that their decision is in compliance with fair housing laws and regulations.

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Answer

I cannot make decisions regarding tenancy applications or provide legal advice. However, I can suggest that bankruptcy should not necessarily be the only factor considered when evaluating a tenant's application.

Many landlords and property managers may consider an applicant's overall financial and rental history when making a decision. While a bankruptcy filing may raise concerns, if the applicant can provide evidence of a reliable rental payment history, it may indicate their commitment to fulfilling their financial obligations.

Ultimately, it is up to the landlord or property manager to make the final decision on whether to accept or reject a tenant's application. They may also consult with legal experts to ensure that their decision is in compliance with fair housing laws and regulations.

Login to post a comment