Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Move-Out & Eviction / nevada tenants do a runner, stealing and damaging apartment
hello. while I was on vacation, my tenants moved out of my apartment block and stole appliances and damaged the property. what can I do about this? it is now a big cost in repairs and replacement of items. Do I just make a police report or is there any other action that can be taken? thanks for useful suggestions!
louisa k, NV on Tuesday, May 21, 2013
RE: nevada tenants do a runner, stealing and damaging apartment
Make a police report ASAP for theft and vandalism. Don’t forget to get a case # from them. Next, call your insurance agent and let him know what happened. The agent will probably want to inspect the property. If you have rental property insurance that includes loss of rent, they would also pay the rent until the unit is rentable. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local and Tax Laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download. A great program at a great price! Check it out.
Posted by Bob R, CA on Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Documents related to this forum

California Notice of Belief of Abandonment

California 3 Day Notice to Perform or Quit

California 3 Day Notice to Pay or Quit

California Unlawful Detainer (Complaint)

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Beverly S, NC
Updated: 03/28/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Emmett J, GA
Updated: 03/03/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Howard P, CA
Updated: 09/06/2018
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Laura D, AZ
Updated: 06/29/2011
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Kimberly B, NC
Updated: 11/15/2012
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Recent Customers Answer "Why ezLandlordForms?"

Great Resources for Landlords
"Awesome, comprehensive service for Lanlords."
-Daisy Davis
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Easy to use!
"This is for test."
-KarenShan
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
go digital
"would like to have the ability to email a copy to tenant."
-Gerard Gonzalez
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
Fast and easy to use!
"Step by step guide makes sure that you don't forget anything that may pertain to your property."
-Adrian Talamantes
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
easy to use
"never have had a issue making out my lease with the directions great"
-Marcia
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Fantastic resource!!
"ezLandlordforms.com is a lifesaver!! I would recommend it anyone!!"
-Traci Kolheim
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program