Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Move-Out & Eviction / Eviction
Our tenant lease is up in June 15. On Easter weekend this year I inspected property and asked if any repairs needed. She wanted to buy property. I said I would think about it. After I informed her that I didn’t want to sell. She started to start with Gardner. Cost me 500 to pull out bushes in garden she said had bugs and was affecting her enjoyment of yard. She then made other claims that are not true. I had a women that managed this property for 10 years old complaints. She was sent a lease renewal form she waited to last day. I have raised the rent 100. My cost have gone up on everything. I scheduale a electrian and she said she was going to be there and then didn’t let him in. He went back a second time. No entry and then complains nothing gets done. I Scheduled a plumber and told her he was going to be late traffic and holiday weekend. She was home didn’t let him in. The wrote me and said it was too late he was 15 min. She stopped all phone call and now says I harassing her if I ask when to scheduale these repair people. She informed me now she is disabled and her dog is a therapy dog not a pet like when she signed lease. I don’t know what to do. I had this plumber 10 years and gardener 10 both don’t want to deal with her. She is telling me gardener is violating her civil rights by taking pictures of the beds that I wanted to see so I can pay him for the work. Any ideas. I think want her out. Also three kids with her
Olsen K, NJ on Friday, May 27, 2022
RE: Eviction
1. Future communications in writing/email/text as allowed in lease contract. 2. Do not renew the lease, give notice per the lease contract. 3. If you use exLF's recommended language dealing with entry and repairs, then follow them. Likewise when there is breach of contract, do not delay to take action.
Posted by Ricardo D, GA on Monday, May 30, 2022
RE: Eviction
You can send a 7 day notice listing your concerns and the breach of not allowing access for repairs. Repairs are essential, especially plumbing and pest issues. If a tenant refuses to allow access and she has signed a lease renewal you have no choice but to go the eviction realm. Tough time. Don't know the law in NJ but I believe it can be a stickler with lots of regulations. You will need an attorney with this situation. Never fun. Like Ricardo says, notices and written communication as described in your lease is essential.
Posted by John K, FL on Saturday, June 4, 2022
Documents related to this forum

Alabama 7 Day Notice for Failure to Pay Rent

Alabama 7 Day Notice To Terminate the Lease

Alabama Statement of Claim-Eviction Unlawful Detainer

Alaska 10 Day Notice to Cure or Vacate

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Beverly S, NC
Updated: 03/28/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Emmett J, GA
Updated: 03/03/2016
Author: Howard P, CA
Updated: 09/06/2018
Author: Laura D, AZ
Updated: 06/29/2011
Author: Kimberly B, NC
Updated: 11/15/2012

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!

Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info
Watch our fun video about ezLandlordForms: 'Kevin & the Lease Builder Wizard'

Feature Spotlight: Lease Packages

In most states, a simple lease is not enough to fulfill all applicable legal requirements. Our system not only alerts you to the additional documents that are needed in your state, but it also allows you to add these documents to your lease. Simply make your selection from various addenda, disclosures and from an array of other helpful forms to make sure your lease package is complete.
Fox Business Logo CBS Radio Logo msnbc Logo The Wall Street Journal - WSJ - Logo CNN Money Logo
Call us: 1-877-367-6771

We are available 7 days a week to answer your questions and to receive your feedback.

ezLandlordForms products and services are reviewed and approved by attorneys, accountants, fellow landlords, or industry experts.
ezLandlordForms is not a law firm and our products and services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
Copyright © 2006-2022, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | ezLandlordForms Affiliate Program
Version: 1.564.1