Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Move-Out & Eviction / Moratorium
Can someone answer these questions? Why the push to evict people? I can understand not being paid rent and wanting to get another person in the rental but the people who will be looking for new rentals are ones that were evicted from other housing. This doesn't make sense especially considering landlords and property managers look at people's rental history. So what happens when a potential person wants to rent and is refused because of the prior eviction and or has a poor credit score? Credit score should not be used for housing determination as far as I'm concerned. Someone will have to take a change on the new renter. Why not just have the renter stay where they are? Either way someone will still not be getting paid because the renter will claim "insufficient funds." Is this all really just a way to get rid of unwanted tenants? Who will be mostly effected, the poorer class of people, because they do the most renting especially in poorer neighborhoods where wages aren't that great. Lastly, is there some sort of backlash from the landlords/managers because they noticed tenants purchasing luxury items instead of paying rent; so just taking advantage of the situation If this is the case, I agree with that sentiment and the tenant should be evicted along with their luxury items.
Junior F, on Tuesday, August 24, 2021
RE: Moratorium
Incidentally, the moratorium don't apply to me and my questions are more academic or investigating the eviction motivation.
Posted by Junior F, on Tuesday, August 24, 2021
I ran into an article on CNN in which one landlord admitted the moratorium ending was a way to get rid of eight tenants who refused to pay although "they could afford it." How does the landlord know what these people can afford? Read it here https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/24/success/landlords-eviction-moratorium-feseries/index.html
I ran into an article on CNN in which one landlord admitted the moratorium ending was a way to get rid of eight tenants who refused to pay although "they could afford it." How does the landlord know what these people can afford? Read it here https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/24/success/landlords-eviction-moratorium-feseries/index.html
Documents related to this forum

Alabama 7 Day Notice for Failure to Pay Rent

Alabama 7 Day Notice To Terminate the Lease

Alabama Statement of Claim-Eviction Unlawful Detainer

Alaska 10 Day Notice to Cure or Vacate

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Beverly S, NC
Updated: 03/28/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Emmett J, GA
Updated: 03/03/2016
Author: Howard P, CA
Updated: 09/06/2018
Author: Laura D, AZ
Updated: 06/29/2011
Author: Kimberly B, NC
Updated: 11/15/2012

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!

Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info
The ezLandlordForms team gives advice to first-time landlords on Designing Spaces!

Buzz About ezLandlordForms

ActiveRain Logo  says:
"very robust and user friendly"
— Brad Andsersohn, Community Builder
Fox Business Logo CBS Radio Logo msnbc Logo The Wall Street Journal - WSJ - Logo CNN Money Logo
Call us: 1-877-367-6771

We are available 7 days a week to answer your questions and to receive your feedback.

ezLandlordForms products and services are reviewed and approved by attorneys, accountants, fellow landlords, or industry experts.
ezLandlordForms is not a law firm and our products and services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
Copyright © 2006-2022, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | ezLandlordForms Affiliate Program
Version: 1.564.1