Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Move-Out & Eviction / RENTER WANTS OUT EARLY
FLORIDA Landowner. Tenant signs a renewal LEASE in JUNE 2021. Today July 18th, 2021 she wants out. She wrote me a notice of her moving out AUGUST 31st. She gave reasons for moving however primary reason is outside my control. The neighbor. She has paid 1st, Last, and SD. EZlandlord forms show a fixed cost if early term of $1,100. The cost of re-renting is one months rent. The lease is for 1 year or 12 months. Does she owe any money for the remaining 11 months??? I need a little help in this, trying to understand the lease and what powers I have. She wants me to pay her extra for fixes with receipts and everything. She wanted to use her friend (plumber) before my plumber had availability. She clogged the kitchen sink. $160. I was going to be nice and add a garbage disposal to keep from happening in the future. I don't want to be nice anymore since she is wanting to leave.
Brian , TX on Tuesday, July 20, 2021
RE: RENTER WANTS OUT EARLY
So you put the property on the market as available for 01-07Sept2021 depending on how long you will need to clean and get the place ready. Put the add up right away. If you can find a qualified tenant to move in at the same rate on 01 Sept. she owes you the costs for finding the new tenant, advertising, fees(if you had to pay a realtor finders fee). Cost to clean, and any other cost associated with turn the property over. That is all she'd owe you. unless you have something else in your lease. Now if you can't find a new tenant to start the next day she owes you a prorated amount for everyday the place is empty until you find someone and the above costs. Unless you have a predetermined early move-out fee in your lease. Is the EZ form one that you had in the lease or just one you found?
Posted by Scott H, VA on Sunday, July 25, 2021
I need a form for tenant to sign to get out of lease early. She has agreed to pay the additional fee that’s in the lease.
Posted by Jerry N, AL on Friday, March 11, 2022
EZ Landlord has such a form, called early termination of lease.
Posted by John P, IL on Monday, March 14, 2022
Documents related to this forum

Alabama 7 Day Notice for Failure to Pay Rent

Alabama 7 Day Notice To Terminate the Lease

Alabama Statement of Claim-Eviction Unlawful Detainer

Alaska 10 Day Notice to Cure or Vacate

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Beverly S, NC
Updated: 03/28/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Emmett J, GA
Updated: 03/03/2016
Author: Howard P, CA
Updated: 09/06/2018
Author: Laura D, AZ
Updated: 06/29/2011
Author: Kimberly B, NC
Updated: 11/15/2012

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!

Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info
Watch our fun video about ezLandlordForms: 'Kevin & the Lease Builder Wizard'

Feature Spotlight: Auto-fill Documents

Eliminate all of the hassle and aggravation of using standard forms with our exclusive Auto-Fill feature. Enter your tenant's information once, and our system will insert that information automatically into each document. This feature can also auto-fill your form for multiple tenants with just a few simple clicks of the mouse.
Fox Business Logo CBS Radio Logo msnbc Logo The Wall Street Journal - WSJ - Logo CNN Money Logo
Call us: 1-877-367-6771

We are available 7 days a week to answer your questions and to receive your feedback.

ezLandlordForms products and services are reviewed and approved by attorneys, accountants, fellow landlords, or industry experts.
ezLandlordForms is not a law firm and our products and services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
Copyright © 2006-2022, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | ezLandlordForms Affiliate Program
Version: 1.564.1