Start a new topic

Squatters

My Grandmother passed away so we bought her house several years ago and rented it out to someone that my husband worked with. It worked out great never a problem, always paid on time . We had her sign a lease but it was not very detailed being our first time doing this.  she let her daughter move in with her soon to be Husband and their 2 kids. We did not know this at all.  this was the situation for about 4 to 6 months. Then our renting person gives us her 30 written notice she was leaving- which is fine but then we find out that someone else is in the home. doing this.  she let her daughter move in with her soon to be Husband and their 2 kids. We did not know this at all.  this was the situation for about 4 to 6 months. Then our renting person gives us her 30 written notice she was leaving- which is fine but then we find out that someone else is in the home.  doing this.  she let her daughter move in with her soon to be Husband and their 2 kids. We did not know this at all.  this was the situation for about 4 to 6 months. Then our renting person gives us her 30 written notice she was leaving- which is fine but then we find out that someone else is in the home.   What's bad is the people living there have not signed a lease, can't get with them to get one signed.  So now I have squatters!  Do I still have to follow the law on this one- Confused Thanks- GC
1 Comment

You still have to evict them legally using the courts if they don't leave.  Of course I'd go after the person that sighed the lease for any rent or damages.  As in she hasn't moved out until the place is empty including other people and their stuff.       talk to her if she's on her 30 days tell her that she's responsible until the place is empty.
Login to post a comment