Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Move-Out & Eviction / Tenant on lease moved out. Left occupants behind who are not on lease
Hello, can anyone help me? We have a property in PA that the person whose name is on the lease, the only name, has moved out of the home. She has left behind 4 occupants who are not on the lease, except under occupants of property. What should I do? Occupants want to stay and pay money towards rent that is due, but in meantime they owe money for rent. How can I go after the person (tenant)who has left property? I have her new address, so unsure what type of notice to send. The 10 day or quit wont apply to her since she has moved out already and no intention of returning. (I was unaware when she moved and just found out she did). I need to try to collect as much as I can. I did collect a security deposit but this is going over that amount by next month. Thanks in advance!!!
Amy & George W, PA on Thursday, October 10, 2019
RE: Tenant on lease moved out. Left occupants behind who are not on lease
Have the 4 people left behind sign a lease. Start collecting rent from them immediately. Get a security deposit. Have them fill out the move-in/move-out check list. Inspect the property find any damage that needs to be charged to the tenant that moved, take a lot of pics in case the new tenants cause damage and try to pass it off as preexisting.
Posted by Scott H, VA on Friday, October 11, 2019
RE: Tenant on lease moved out. Left occupants behind who are not on lease
I would do a move out inspection for the all of the damages and the amount owed that she as the lease holder left behind. You have 15 to 30 days to send her a Claims notice and Final account statement, according to whatever state it’s in. If she doesn’t pay then put the balance in collections so that it will appear on her credit. Hope this helps!
Posted by Tuesdae F, FL on Sunday, October 13, 2019
Documents related to this forum

Alabama 7 Day Notice for Failure to Pay Rent

Alabama 7 Day Notice To Terminate the Lease

Alabama Statement of Claim-Eviction Unlawful Detainer

Alaska 10 Day Notice to Cure or Vacate

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: FamilyTrust J, CA
Updated: 08/16/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: , MA
Updated: 07/05/2017
Author: Terri Farmer D, OK
Updated: 04/03/2019
Author: Jennifer P, PA
Author: Shannon K, TX

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!

Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info
The ezLandlordForms team gives advice to first-time landlords on Designing Spaces!

Buzz About ezLandlordForms

MSNBC Logo  says:
Barbara Corcoran, MSNBC
"get complete applications and leases online at ezlandlordforms.com"
— Barbara Corcoran
Fox Business Logo CBS Radio Logo msnbc Logo The Wall Street Journal - WSJ - Logo CNN Money Logo
Call us: 1-877-367-6771

We are available 7 days a week to answer your questions and to receive your feedback.

Carbon Free - CarbonFund.org website security ezLandlordForms, LLC BBB Business Review
ezLandlordForms products and services are reviewed and approved by attorneys, accountants, fellow landlords, or industry experts.
ezLandlordForms is not a law firm and our products and services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
Copyright © 2006-2020, ezLandlordForms LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | ezLandlordForms Affiliate Program
Version: 1.378.0