Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Move-Out & Eviction / Do I have legal rightsd to evict
Hello, I have a problem I have been stressing over. My new Tenant and his girl friend moved in on the 6th of April. I got deposit and rent checks. Went to cash and his account was frozen. I have managed to get partial payment of rent. But not full amount. No security deposit or pet deposit and they have animals. They seem to think the lease he signed means nothing and a harassing me everyday to put up a fence for them that I said up front and is in the lease , that it would take 2 months to erect. The side yard fence was put up within the 2 weeks that we agreed on. Do I have grounds to evict???
Chrie C, CA on Friday, April 22, 2016
RE: Do I have legal rightsd to evict
Yes you can evict on the grounds that they have not paid and you do not need to do anything to the property unless it is agreed upon in the lease or if the property is damaged, These are the only repairs you NEED to make.
Posted by Susan P, CA on Sunday, April 24, 2016
RE: Do I have legal rightsd to evict
Do not accept partial payments of rent as it is viewed as acceptance of a payment plan and will delay the eviction process. Contact your local housing court and begin the process for eviction.
Posted by James L, CT on Monday, April 25, 2016
RE: Do I have legal rightsd to evict
I did give notice to vacate and filed eviction. I'm sure they will fight it. I recently discovered that he is a convicted felon and lied on application. Plus last landlord reference was bogus. The fake reference spoke to me and lied about being his landlord. I have all my pictures and documents ready for court. Thank you all!
Posted by Chrie C, CA on Friday, May 6, 2016
RE: Do I have legal rightsd to evict
Good luck! Sounds like you will have no problem in court. Be sure to change those locks after he gets evicted!
Posted by James L, CT on Friday, May 6, 2016
Documents related to this forum

California Notice of Belief of Abandonment

California 3 Day Notice to Perform or Quit

California 3 Day Notice to Pay or Quit

California Unlawful Detainer (Complaint)

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Beverly S, NC
Updated: 03/28/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Emmett J, GA
Updated: 03/03/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Howard P, CA
Updated: 09/06/2018
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Laura D, AZ
Updated: 06/29/2011
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Kimberly B, NC
Updated: 11/15/2012
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Recent Customers Answer "Why ezLandlordForms?"

Great Resources for Landlords
"Awesome, comprehensive service for Lanlords."
-Daisy Davis
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Easy to use!
"This is for test."
-KarenShan
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
go digital
"would like to have the ability to email a copy to tenant."
-Gerard Gonzalez
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
Fast and easy to use!
"Step by step guide makes sure that you don't forget anything that may pertain to your property."
-Adrian Talamantes
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
easy to use
"never have had a issue making out my lease with the directions great"
-Marcia
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Fantastic resource!!
"ezLandlordforms.com is a lifesaver!! I would recommend it anyone!!"
-Traci Kolheim
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program