Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Move-Out & Eviction / tenant is not on the lease.
Good afternoon, I have a situation and I would like your input. I have a couple in the my unit and the wife left. Then the husband get another friend to live with him, however, the guy now just left again with no rent pay. Now I have this in the house, she is not on the lease and I don't want to pass on the lease to her for reckless reasons. What other action can I take. Can I change my lock with a notice?
Hugo V, FL on Monday, August 18, 2014
RE: tenant is not on the lease.
You could serve him with an unauthorized occupant notice. If they aren't on the lease and are staying in the place that may suit you. That a lease violation, so then you could send a notice to vacate if the occupant does not leave. Plus they did not pay rent, that is a violation as well. The only thing is you cant change your locks while the agreement is still active.
Posted by Clark F, OK on Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Documents related to this forum

California Notice of Belief of Abandonment

California 3 Day Notice to Perform or Quit

California 3 Day Notice to Pay or Quit

California Unlawful Detainer (Complaint)

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Beverly S, NC
Updated: 03/28/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Emmett J, GA
Updated: 03/03/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Howard P, CA
Updated: 09/06/2018
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Laura D, AZ
Updated: 06/29/2011
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Kimberly B, NC
Updated: 11/15/2012
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Feature Spotlight: Lease Builder Wizard

With this powerful tool, you can generate a customized, state-specific lease in minutes. Just input your state and tenant's information, and the Lease-Builder Wizard instantly creates a comprehensive lease package that includes all of the addenda, disclosures and informational documents you select to include with your lease.

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program