Start a new topic

How can I learn how to start in real estate investing?

I know I want to start investing in real estate, but I feel I need guidance on how to get started (find a coach). Can anyone suggest someone (an individual or a program)?  Thanks :D Mike

For starters…..How did you come to make this decision? Do you own rental property now? If not, how soon were you planning on making your 1st investment?   -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance
since each state has different laws and taxes, you did not say where.  i bought some apartments in pennsylvania years ago, very good return and the write off each year is amazing. thing is, i have them very close to where i live so i can keep an eye on the maintenance and upkeep. i'm not a slum lord nor do i want to be.  i had a rental house in florida, but it was too much of a pain. when it was rented it was profitable but you need to count on Realtors to rent it and they never keep an eye on it after they get their 2 months.  no matter how bad the economy got, people still needed places to rent especially when they could not afford to buy. i am one of the few landlord that allow pets. sometimes that bites me in the butt, but in general people who would rather move than give up their pet, seem to be more responsible. my 6 apartments have been rented by the same people for the last 5 years...when i have a good tenant, i tend to lower their rent a few dollars, everyone is happy.  good luck...whatever you put your money in, keep an eye on it yourself. Costa Rica Real Estate
The biggest challenge most new investors make is waiting until they know it all. They feel if they just spent more time learning before they get started, then they'll get to their financial goals that much faster.  But unless you are willing to start learning by doing you'll never enjoy the security and freedom that could have been yours. By all means study and learn, but make sure you also are out there learning by doing. You will be amazed at how much faster you will integrate and internalize the investing information you are studying when you conscientiously work to apply it.
Isn’t it interesting that the 1st post by D Mike shows that Carmelo S, KY posted it…….and that that Carmelo S, KY posted again after my 1st response.  I’m just sayin’!
Real Estate Trading : This is the wild side of real estate investment. Like the day traders who are leagues away from a buy-and-hold investor, the real estate traders are an entirely different breed from the buy-and-rent landlords. Real estate traders buy properties with the intention of holding them for a short period of time, often no more than three to four months, whereupon they hope to sell them for a profit. This technique is also called flipping properties and is based on buying properties that are either significantly undervalued or are in a very hot market.   
When I began investing in real estate, I had opted for Tropicana Realty. They were really supportive and guided me throughout the process. What I appreciated the most about them is, they were always ready to clear even the smallest doubts I had. Overall, it was good experience working with them.    You can visit them at http://www.tropicanarealtyhomes.net/
Hey, I have found this awesome site which offers property management services, they focuses on management; delivering a quality residential experience and specializes in any type of use too. Go onto the following address to check out more fore your self http://www.urbaneresults.com/services/our-services.html.
Well its a good idea to invest in a real estate property but its a big issue arises how & where to start! So i think you can consult with any real estate property investment company which will guide you properly also gives various beneficial suggestions.
There are so many marketing strategies for real estate investors today, it is almost impossible to count.In my investing experience, I’ve found that there are certain situations when realtors are highly beneficial and others where they just aren’t necessary. You must choose a name that accurately depicts the unique characteristics of your business.I had find the best real estate investing services that is Bullard Realty.They provides ton of great deals for commercial real estate at Tampa Bay area.If you want more information regarding this company then click on the given link: http://bullardrealty.net
Login to post a comment