Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Real Estate Investing / Building Properties
My agent is trying to sell me a Triplex; is this the right move or should I start with a couple low selling homes first? I would eventually like to own/operate a duplex/triplex but is it a good start over houses?
Shiloh C, NE on Monday, July 21, 2014
RE: Building Properties
Yes, I agree with the agent in buying multi-family buildings. You would have one mortgage but multiple incomes to payoff and would be making a profit. Be sure to get great tenants and that your priced right. As a beginner investor I started with a duplex and would not have done it differently. Where I lived in one unit, my tenants paid the majority of the mortgage and it gave me time to save for my next property. Then I got a second tenant and moved into my new home. It was a complete win win. 3 years later I still have my original tenants and they couldn't be happier.
Posted by David C, PA on Monday, July 28, 2014
RE: Building Properties
Thanks David!
Posted by Shiloh C, NE on Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Documents related to this forum

Property Management Agreement (for Landlords)

Property Information

Residential Lease Agreement with ezSign

Rent Ledger

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: ben h, PA
Updated: 04/25/2022
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: adffe s,
Updated: 07/18/2022
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Harry D, MD
Updated: 04/03/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Carmelo S, KY
Updated: 04/03/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: dwayne_graves o, FL
Updated: 09/18/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Recent Customers Answer "Why ezLandlordForms?"

Great Resources for Landlords
"Awesome, comprehensive service for Lanlords."
-Daisy Davis
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Easy to use!
"This is for test."
-KarenShan
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
go digital
"would like to have the ability to email a copy to tenant."
-Gerard Gonzalez
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4
Fast and easy to use!
"Step by step guide makes sure that you don't forget anything that may pertain to your property."
-Adrian Talamantes
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
easy to use
"never have had a issue making out my lease with the directions great"
-Marcia
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5
Fantastic resource!!
"ezLandlordforms.com is a lifesaver!! I would recommend it anyone!!"
-Traci Kolheim
Star1 Star2 Star3 Star4 Star5

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program