Start a new topic

low income senior housing rent increase

I re-newed my yearly lease with the Quartzsite Senior Low Income apts.     in October 2019. This will be my 3rd year of calling this place my     home.  Yesterday, two of the Investors held a meeting with those of us     who have a concession concerning our low income monthly rent payments.     They told us that they are no longer going to honor the concession and     that our monthly rent payment will increase drastically starting with     our yearly lease renewal. I currently make 1074.00 a month total     income. I pay 285.00 a month for my apt. monthly rent. I have an 80.00     concession. Starting in October 2020, my rent increase will be     365.00 a month. Is this legal? Can the investors do this to senior low     income residents? Some senior citizens that call this place home will     very soon, be forced to pay a much higher rate if their lease expires     in the beginning of 2020. Our Social Security raise of 1.6 % does not     even begin to cover the cost hike! Please, I am begging you, look into     this matter in a fair and timely fashion. Many of us will have to cut     off our TV service and or our Internet service  in order to pay the     higher rate increase of our rent. We are all on a fixed income, as you     are well aware. This rate hike will be a financial hardship to many of     us that call this place our home.     It is called the Quartzsite Senior Apts, 1615 East Quail Trail St,     Quartzsite AZ. 85346 This is located in La Paz County.     Thank You, Sincerely,                Linda Creager
Login to post a comment