Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Other / low income senior housing rent increase
I re-newed my yearly lease with the Quartzsite Senior Low Income apts. in October 2019. This will be my 3rd year of calling this place my home. Yesterday, two of the Investors held a meeting with those of us who have a concession concerning our low income monthly rent payments. They told us that they are no longer going to honor the concession and that our monthly rent payment will increase drastically starting with our yearly lease renewal. I currently make 1074.00 a month total income. I pay 285.00 a month for my apt. monthly rent. I have an 80.00 concession. Starting in October 2020, my rent increase will be 365.00 a month. Is this legal? Can the investors do this to senior low income residents? Some senior citizens that call this place home will very soon, be forced to pay a much higher rate if their lease expires in the beginning of 2020. Our Social Security raise of 1.6 % does not even begin to cover the cost hike! Please, I am begging you, look into this matter in a fair and timely fashion. Many of us will have to cut off our TV service and or our Internet service in order to pay the higher rate increase of our rent. We are all on a fixed income, as you are well aware. This rate hike will be a financial hardship to many of us that call this place our home. It is called the Quartzsite Senior Apts, 1615 East Quail Trail St, Quartzsite AZ. 85346 This is located in La Paz County. Thank You, Sincerely, Linda Creager
Linda C, AZ on Thursday, November 21, 2019
Return to the Other Forum
Documents related to this forum

Residential Lease Agreement with eSign

Free Rental Application (Handwrite-In)

Garage / Storage Lease Agreement

Late Rent - Reminder

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Jennifer P, PA
Updated: 04/03/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Christine C, NJ
Updated: 08/21/2017
Author: Julie B, AL
Author: MelissaAndMartha O, NC
Author: Steven D, TX

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!

Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info
The ezLandlordForms team gives advice to first-time landlords on Designing Spaces!

Buzz About ezLandlordForms

Craigslist Logo  says:
"one stop shop for leases and forms"
— Christina Murphy, Founding Board Member
Fox Business Logo CBS Radio Logo msnbc Logo The Wall Street Journal - WSJ - Logo CNN Money Logo
Call us: 1-877-367-6771

We are available 7 days a week to answer your questions and to receive your feedback.

Carbon Free - CarbonFund.org website security ezLandlordForms, LLC BBB Business Review
ezLandlordForms products and services are reviewed and approved by attorneys, accountants, fellow landlords, or industry experts.
ezLandlordForms is not a law firm and our products and services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
Copyright © 2006-2020, ezLandlordForms LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | ezLandlordForms Affiliate Program
Version: 1.380.0