Start a new topic

Esigning your lease

Would anyone happen to know how the new esign option works for both the landlord and the tenant?

1 person has this question

Yes, I just did this. When you click eSign the system will prompt you to eSign which you do with your mouse/mousepad. You will need to have your tenant's email address. The system will then send them a copy of the lease which they will also sign using a mouse and once they do it will come back to you. Easy.
I am being told that the lease will go to the 1st tenant to e-sign and then the lease will be forwarded to the 2nd tenant for e-signature and so.  I have multiple tenants on a lease and need to know if there is there anyway to check the status of who has signed the lease?
I have tried, repeatedly, to get the esign function to work to no avail.  I click the esign button and select the "I agree to..." radio box.  It then says a "signature confirmation email has been sent to your email" but I get nothing and neither does the tenant.  I've checked the spam folder and tried different email accounts....nothing.    Are you able to get the esign functionality to work?
Same here - I have esigned successfully, no email to me.  It says sent to tenant, but they have not received it. Finally sent the email as document, which they receive, but they CANNOT esign.  This is such a great site, however, this esign is not working as expected.
I had sent an email to customer support on Friday regarding the issue I was having with esign.  I received an email response this morning (Monday) that they had an issue with Yahoo.com email addresses and that they were working on it.   Sure enough, the esign functionality works just fine this afternoon.  By the way, having esign is a GREAT addition for this process.  Kudos to the customer support team!
Is there any way to change the email address of the second tenant after you have sent it to the first tenant?  The second tenant gave me the wrong email address and now I am unable to pull the lease back.
Has anyone ever got e signing to work?
I used it three times last week and it does have bugs in it flow. How it’s supposed to work is   1. you finalize all the docs and details of your lease and it’s important you save and preview your data... even the customized docs in the back cuz once you send it to sign, you cannot make edits. 2. You say you want to e- sign the lease. 3. It will let you create a signature with your finger on a screen or upload a signature file 4. It will then email tenant 1 to esign 5. Then it emails tenant 2 to esign 6. Then its supposed to send all three parties a copy that can be viewed and downloaded to print Only, its not as smooth as that. Tenantge confused by the attachments that are not part of the esign process. I made a single letter error in an email address and could not edit or replace the  did not ever get the lease to sign. Is a great concept and i am send this detailed email so the EZ Lndlors Team can clean up the bugs in the process and make it work smoother. It’s important and deserves to be corrected. Thanks
I used it three times last week and it does have bugs in it flow. How it’s supposed to work is   1. you finalize all the docs and details of your lease and it’s important you save and preview your data... even the customized docs in the back cuz once you send it to sign, you cannot make edits. 2. You say you want to e- sign the lease. 3. It will let you create a signature with your finger on a screen or upload a signature file 4. It will then email tenant 1 to esign 5. Then it emails tenant 2 to esign 6. Then its supposed to send all three parties a copy that can be viewed and downloaded to print Only, its not as smooth as that. Tenantge confused by the attachments that are not part of the esign process. I made a single letter error in an email address and could not edit or replace the  did not ever get the lease to sign. Is a great concept and i am send this detailed email so the EZ Lndlors Team can clean up the bugs in the process and make it work smoother. It’s important and deserves to be corrected. Thanks
Can both the landlord and tenant sign on an iPad?

Hello, 

If you are using ezSign, yes, you can sign from your phone, ipad, computer or laptop! 

Please feel free to reach out to our support if you have questions or need help! 

Login to post a comment