Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Other / Collection of Taxes for rental
I am leasing our property in Florida and I know there is a tax for renting under 6 months. I understand it is 12% but have also heard it is 7%. What is the correct number?
AMJF L, NJ on Sunday, September 18, 2016
RE: Collection of Taxes for rental
I believe it depends on different situations. I would contact your local tax office to get the exact answer you are looking for.
Posted by Bill F, MS on Monday, September 19, 2016
Return to the Other Forum
Documents related to this forum

Residential Lease Agreement with ezSign

Free Rental Application (Handwrite-In)

Garage / Storage Lease Agreement

Late Rent - Reminder

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Sheri B, MA
Updated: 05/24/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: margarita k,
Updated: 02/19/2021
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Thomas M. K, NC
Updated: 02/02/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: MelissaAndMartha O, NC
Updated: 04/03/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Johni M, FL
Updated: 01/21/2013
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Feature Spotlight: Lease Builder Wizard

With this powerful tool, you can generate a customized, state-specific lease in minutes. Just input your state and tenant's information, and the Lease-Builder Wizard instantly creates a comprehensive lease package that includes all of the addenda, disclosures and informational documents you select to include with your lease.

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program