Landlord Question and Answer Forum

Forum / Other / Demand for certified rent payment
Is it legal to demand certified payment of a late rent check as well as late fees in NJ?
Christine M, NJ on Saturday, September 17, 2016
RE: Demand for certified rent payment
Yes I believe it is and I usually demand money orders, certified checks when I get a bounced check. I will no longer accept checks and will request cash, money orders or certified checks only! This way I am guaranteed to get paid. Good luck!!!
Posted by Bill F, MS on Monday, September 19, 2016
Return to the Other Forum
Documents related to this forum

Residential Lease Agreement with ezSign

Free Rental Application (Handwrite-In)

Garage / Storage Lease Agreement

Late Rent - Reminder

Highest Rated Discussions
Author: Sheri B, MA
Updated: 05/24/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: margarita k,
Updated: 02/19/2021
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Thomas M. K, NC
Updated: 02/02/2016
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: MelissaAndMartha O, NC
Updated: 04/03/2019
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4
Author: Johni M, FL
Updated: 01/21/2013
Rating: Star0Star1Star2Star3Star4

The forum is completely free to anyone! If you wish to post a message, you must log in. If you are not registered already, Join today to create a free account!
Any comments and opinions that are expressed by the users of this forum are solely those of the authors, and have not been reviewed or approved by ezLandlordForms.

Satisfaction
Guaranteed

Money Back Guaranteed
Trusted by Over
300,000 Property
Managers, Realtors,
Attorneys, and Landlords
since 2006!
More Info

Buzz About ezLandlordForms

ActiveRain Logo  says:
"very robust and user friendly"
— Brad Andsersohn, Community Builder

FEATURED ON

fox-business-logo CBS-Radio-logo MSNBC-logo CNN-Money-logo Wall-Street-Journal-logo
Copyright © 2006-2026, ezLandlord, Inc. All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Affiliate Program