Start a new topic

Renters are late.

My renters are telling me that the rent check was mailed by the bank and that I cashed it, they also told me that if I didn't receive it to let them know.  I let them know just as they ask.  I have ask several times to call the bank and give them permission to speak with me re guarding this matter.  If someone forged my name I would like to take legal action.   My renters refuse to call the bank because they don't feel comfortable.   I'm not asking for an account number, just proof that the check was truly mailed and the so called signature forged on the back.      Anyone else have this problem or one very similar to it?  Taking any and all advice on how to handle this?    Thank you

This is where you start to only accept money orders, cash in hand or electronic payments, it will remove all of the confusion and lying. You can try to contact the banking institution directly if you were mailed a letter from the bank, which I never heard of the bank sending out rent to a landlord, then you should be able to look it up by the recipient. As for the tenants, send a late notice and demand for payment and let them know if you do not get it and you can prove that you have not through your bank transactions, then start an eviction. Good Luck and I wish you the best.
This is for my boyfriend, He is to trustworthy.. Anyways he has a mutual friends daughter renting from him and she goes months without paying rent usually has to wait till her school loans come in, but it started off with just her and her 3 kids (was leaving her husband) but now he is living there and they both work. The last payment was in April an it covered the back rent they owed in the mean time she is having new rims put on her car, the husband is having all kinds of new stuff on his car and they have bought new furnishings for the house but no rent. My boyfriend lives on the other side of the house but because he is so strapped for money he may lose the house. The only thing is there is no lease, I know this is a problem but what is the step for demand of rent and after that. I think he is afraid to not have any tenants and he will defiantly loose the house but he needs to do something, I feel they are taking advantage of his kindness..  Please help get rid of the freeloaders
Whenever a Tenant is late; I'm required to send a 5-day Notice to Quit that demands payment within those 5 days and if it isn't paid in full with the late fee, then I have the right to file for eviction. Please note that I send the Notice certified & standard mail, plus post it on the door or hand it to them directly. This rarely happens, but when it has Tenants seemed confused as I've already discussed with them when the payment will be made; however, I have to explain that I must follow through with the procedure even with arrangements. Doing this puts your Tenant on Notice to not only having to prove payment, but puts them aware that the entire balance of their lease is in jeopardy AND having an eviction could prevent further leases being extended to them. I'm assuming your Tenants paid via an auto payment transaction; however, they would have had to ask you for account and routing number information. You hold the upper hand and the burden of proof falls on the Tenants. Get that Notice issued, mailed and posted immediately.
It is always advisable to place a letter of notice of 5 days for lack of payment of rent, as it saves time and gives firmness to the tenant who, if not paid, can have an eviction, because an eviction occurs for more or less a month and that is lost of Money, and it is good to do eviction for people who do not pay you or who make their inventions to not pay, we help other landlord when I look in court know who are problem to pay, I do the evictions even if the tenants are gone before Be executed because I will be helping other landlords to check on those who have problems with the court.
Login to post a comment